Need faucet for vessel sink

bobalinkDecember 17, 2010

I have a bit of a dilemma. My bathroom cabinet is only 18" wide at the sink area. I can't find a square or rectangular self-rimming sink to fit this space, but I found an above-counter square vessel sink from Deco Lav (Model 1417). This sink has a single hole for the faucet. But how do you get a single hole faucet that will accommodate a six inch sink plus the depth of the counter top? Most sink valves are good for a depth of about 3" max. Even with a deck extension kit from Moen or Delta, I reckon 6" is about the maximum depth for a faucet. But with this sink plus the counter top thickness, I would guess that the total depth is more than seven inches. Any suggestions? I really don't want to put the faucet behind the sink.

Thanks,

Bob D.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
kudzu9

I'm having a little trouble trying to figure out why this is a problem. I took a look at a picture of that sink, and I would assume that you have a couple of options. The first would be to install the hardware onto the sink (using any extensions needed) first, and then put the sink in place. Alternatively, you could install the sink and then install the faucet with the right tools, like a basin wrench and a socket wrench with an extension and a crowfoot wrench head of the correct dimension. This would probably be the harder way to do it. All you need to do is make sure you cut away the countertop under the sink at the back so that you have room to work. Does this make sense or am I missing something here?

You could also give Decolav a call to see if there is anything special about the installation [click on "About Us" after the web site comes up].

Here is a link that might be useful: Decolav

Bookmark   December 18, 2010 at 1:21PM
bobalink

kudzu9,

Thanks for your response. You're probably right about installing the faucet hardware first. I have done a few sinks and faucets, but I am having a hard time visualizing this particular sink and faucet combination without actually seeing how the sink and faucet hardware fit together.

Regards,
Bob D.

Bookmark   December 18, 2010 at 4:18PM
kudzu9

Bob-
Well at least I interpreted your question correctly. I'm sure the manufacturer has designed this so it's not a killer to install. Good luck.

Bookmark   December 19, 2010 at 1:33PM
More Discussions
toilet flapper closes too fast
a 5 y.o. AS 4396 w/Fluidmaster guts. The flapper is...
fritzgarden
Rainfresh water filter leaks from top.
I have a Rainfresh water filter. It seems to be leaking...
gtrshop
corrosion seen on hot water shutoff valves
I was repairing a minor leak in the kitchen faucet...
jastrong5
38 ga. tank - not getting 2 hot showers?
We have just finished a renovation project that included...
ashebrook
Septic tank and question on the "Sponge"
I have a septic tank that when last pumped out had...
big_al_41
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™