cheapest concrete patio?

KateB22April 5, 2014

we just built a new house and want to install as much concrete patio as we can afford ( on a limited budget and wanting three sided concrete patio if possible). What is the cheapest type of conrcrete based patio and what type of costs is it? Would it be just plain poured concrete and how does that look?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Suzi AKA DesertDance Zone 9b

We just had 700 sq. ft installed at a cost to us of $2500. This included drainage and framing. We are in So California. Depending on where you live, the cost could be less or more. We got 5 bids. We didn't take the cheapest one. We took the bid that included some suggestions that we hadn't thought about.

The only suggestion I would make is not to make your patio too small. It needs to be large enough to accomodate guests with ample seating far enough from the BBQ so they don't get smoke in their eyes. Make sure it drains away from the house, and if there is a drain pipe from your gutter be sure to dig and connect a drain under that so water doesn't pool on your patio.

Have fun!

Suzi

Here is a link that might be useful: Concrete cost calculator

Bookmark   April 6, 2014 at 2:53PM
flowermum

Desertdance could you please explain the prep procedure? The contractor we initially selected stated there was no need to remove the grass. He said he pours the concrete over the grass. That goes against everything I know from reading articles and watching hgtv and diy for the past decade plus.

Bookmark   April 14, 2014 at 11:31AM
Suzi AKA DesertDance Zone 9b

Well, I'm no contractor, but I'd get more bids and see what others say. We didn't have grass where we poured, but they did dig out a lot of soil, dumped it in a spot where we need some height, and rolled the area flat. They also used levels to be sure the frame was draining away from the house.

Good luck!

Suzi

Bookmark   April 18, 2014 at 1:10PM
More Discussions
Ideas for front porch needed
Hello. We bought a house that was new construction....
jsandlin0803
How many steps to enter the house?
Just curious here, working with new construction determining...
deviantnic
Covered concrete walkway weeps water on surface
I have a concrete walkway along the house that is covered...
naps1saps
Porch window WeatherMaster Sunspace vs Ez screen vs Eze breeze
I was going to screen in our covered patio but then...
webeinky
Deck stain question for ipe and cedar and pine:
screened in application. ipe floor, clipped. cedar...
kellyrike
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™