cheapest concrete patio?

KateB22April 5, 2014

we just built a new house and want to install as much concrete patio as we can afford ( on a limited budget and wanting three sided concrete patio if possible). What is the cheapest type of conrcrete based patio and what type of costs is it? Would it be just plain poured concrete and how does that look?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Suzi AKA DesertDance Zone 9b

We just had 700 sq. ft installed at a cost to us of $2500. This included drainage and framing. We are in So California. Depending on where you live, the cost could be less or more. We got 5 bids. We didn't take the cheapest one. We took the bid that included some suggestions that we hadn't thought about.

The only suggestion I would make is not to make your patio too small. It needs to be large enough to accomodate guests with ample seating far enough from the BBQ so they don't get smoke in their eyes. Make sure it drains away from the house, and if there is a drain pipe from your gutter be sure to dig and connect a drain under that so water doesn't pool on your patio.

Have fun!

Suzi

Here is a link that might be useful: Concrete cost calculator

Bookmark   April 6, 2014 at 2:53PM
flowermum

Desertdance could you please explain the prep procedure? The contractor we initially selected stated there was no need to remove the grass. He said he pours the concrete over the grass. That goes against everything I know from reading articles and watching hgtv and diy for the past decade plus.

Bookmark   April 14, 2014 at 11:31AM
Suzi AKA DesertDance Zone 9b

Well, I'm no contractor, but I'd get more bids and see what others say. We didn't have grass where we poured, but they did dig out a lot of soil, dumped it in a spot where we need some height, and rolled the area flat. They also used levels to be sure the frame was draining away from the house.

Good luck!

Suzi

Bookmark   April 18, 2014 at 1:10PM
More Discussions
What is the best composite?
I have been reading this forum for awhile as we are...
martina_21
Bluestone Scratches from High Pressure Hose! HELP!!!
I used a High Pressure Hose and used, unfortunately,...
duffydawg
Gemini Restore-A-Deck vs Woodrich Cleaner/Brightener
It's been awhile for me on this forum but I remember...
mike13
Patio Railings
We are building a new covered patio and need to use...
ezski
Cedar VS Pressure treated porch posts
When we built our house, the contractor put in cheap...
ricksample
Sponsored Products
Winston 54 in. Obscure Glass Top Round Dining Table - M8154RGU
$543.00 | Hayneedle
Generations Traditional Green/ Beige Polypropylene Rug (6' Round)
Overstock.com
St. Martin Outdoor Loveseat with Cushions, Patio Furniture
FRONTGATE
Patio Living Concepts Outdoor Lighting. Bahama Weave 60 in. Mojavi Floor Lamp wi
Home Depot
Park Shore Outdoor Dining Table - BROWN
$2,300.00 | Horchow
Patio Living Concepts Outdoor Lighting. San Juan 30 in. White Table Lamp with Sk
Home Depot
Safavieh Blue/ Beige Indoor Outdoor Rug (6'7 x 9'6)
Overstock.com
Woodard Devonshire Ottoman - 9L0486-30-06W
$629.99 | Hayneedle
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™