white haze along pool tile line

michelle16April 29, 2011

Hi everyone, our pool was just opened(last year was our first year so we are newbies)I had the pool guys come to clean the tile because we have white calcium buildup/haze. they used stuff called power blue scale off, while it removed the heavy stuff under the rock waterfall, I now have a white haze and more in the grout lines. I really don't want to use muratic acid, is there any thing else that works, or am I always going to have to live with this? It doesn't show when it gets wet, only when very sunny out and dry. It's driving me crazy, please help!!! thanks in advance, Michelle

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
goyom

Recently I removed the efflorescence buildup (calcium deposits from concrete) off my waterfall wall, I noticed a white haze around my tile line as well, that was not there before.
Its just residual from the clean up.

Get in the pool with a green and yellow scotchbrite sponge and rub it off, came off quite easily.

Bookmark   April 29, 2011 at 6:24PM
michelle16

okay ill try that, thanks so much! michelle

Bookmark   April 29, 2011 at 7:48PM
natalie333

Hi all,
if you're having issues with keeping your tiles clean (after you've de-calcified them), you should get a good robotic pool cleaner that will actually do the scrubbing for you.
I've had Polaris before and it really didn't do much other than clean the walls and the bottom of the pool, but recently I switched over to a Dolphin Premier, and I haven't had to scrub my tile line manually since!
Check them out online at www.premierrobotic.com, or skip the text and just watch a short video about them here: http://www.premierrobotic.com/dolphin-cleaner-videos

Cheers!
NG

Here is a link that might be useful: Dolphin Premier website

Bookmark   January 30, 2013 at 10:57AM
jtwrace

how much is that bad boy cleaner? I have haze too and it drives me nuts!

Bookmark   February 2, 2013 at 10:37PM
More Discussions
pool filter leak; newbies buying the house
We have a contract on a house with a pool. The pool...
defgarden
Need advice on 48 refrigerator remodeling my kitchen
What 48 refrigerator built in looks and performs best...
mercedes316
Please recommend a good pool builder in Southern California?
Hello, We have had a hard time finding a trust worthy...
dpautz
Cleaning pool filter
Does your pool filter look like this after it's been...
bossyvossy
Pool Filter Question
Should my pool filter run 24/7 or less than that? I...
JeremyLin
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™