Any comments on the Hansgrohe T302 shower system?

threeapplesDecember 28, 2011

is it problematic or annoying to only have one function for the rain shower head? Also, faucet direct confirmed you can use the jets, handshower and rain shower at once if you have enough water pressure. We'll have well water, might this be a problem? thanks for any comments!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jechadwell

Do a practice run with all the jets, shower heads, etc. I followed all pipe, flow rate, psi etc and ended up with body sprays that tinkle and not spray when the 10" rain head is operating. On the 3 way valve only one port is larger and the other two are smaller .. I wished I had pre tested before the tiling.

Bookmark   December 30, 2011 at 9:51PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
aidan_m

If you want to utilize multiple functions at the same time, and have good performance, you'll need a separate control for each. The rain shower head uses all the output potential from the shower valve. I have one. I have 2 separate Hansgrohe control valves: one for the rainshower, the other for the regular shower. We can use both together and the water flow is just fine. It is important to run 3/4" lines for the hot supply right up to the where the branch tee's off to 1/2" for each shower control. 1/2" lines can really only supply a single shower valve at a time.

The inputs and outputs for a shower control valve are all 1/2", therefore they are not sized properly to supply 2 fixtures (i.e. rain shower and body spray) at the same time. Use separate controls and you will get the best performance.

Bookmark   December 31, 2011 at 11:44AM
More Discussions
fleck fusion high flow metered water softener
Our Culligan has died and we aint too heartbroken about...
vossner
what brand water softener
have 2400 sq ft rancher on town water. do not have...
questionoftheday
Electric Water Heater Problem
I have an electric water heater; about a month ago...
aeharris63
Fleck 5600 Econominder - Salty Tasting Water
I just installed a new 1.5 cu ft water softener with...
larry_a_williams
Central Valley Water Filtration Suggestions
We are stationed in Lemoore, CA 45 minutes south of...
nomar116
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™