Stamped concrete patio wrong color

therealdiehl91April 24, 2014

We had our patio replaced with stamped concrete. Instead of picking actual colors we gave the contractor pictures of what we wanted it to look like. They poured and stamped it two days ago and came back yesterday to take off the extra release but it looks nothing like what we wanted. I've read it can take a month to cure and come to the permanent color but can anyone tell me if it really changes that much? I'm not sure if this is the contractors error or if we're just over concerned. The first picture is what we gave the contractor and second is ours. It's hard to see because it's overcast in the picture but in person it's much more blue-gray and the release actually looks lighter than the concrete.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
therealdiehl91

This is what ours looks like...

Bookmark   April 24, 2014 at 10:18AM
scrappy25

They look pretty similar to me. It's very attractive at least in this photo.

Bookmark   April 28, 2014 at 1:58PM
geoffrey_b

Looks similar to me too.

Bookmark   April 28, 2014 at 4:48PM
kbncan

Your new stamped patio looks great! Nice clean lines. One difference I see is the top picture looks like they have sealed it already and yours not. Sealing it is important step to complete and will alter your current patio sometimes giving it a bit of sheen depending on the sealer used. Im not an expertâ¦I just have our own stamped porch. Be happy with that beautiful space!

Bookmark   May 1, 2014 at 3:38PM
garden77

I like your blue-gray tone better than the pinky-beige tone in the first picture. It looks good to me.

Bookmark   May 6, 2014 at 4:27PM
jakethewonderdog

I agree, your patio looks great.

Here's the thing: You can't expect the contractor to match a color in a photo like that. The photo isn't accurate, and there's no way that he could say with any confidence that your patio will look like the one in the photo -- even if he knew exactly what stain was used.

You have a very attractive patio. The coloring of your patio looks more like slate and less like the stamped concrete of the original photo. They did a great job!

Bookmark   May 7, 2014 at 11:09AM
rockpine

I like yours better!

Bookmark   May 8, 2014 at 10:04AM
More Discussions
Advice on new deck...On top of concrete, or remove concrete?
My wife and I are going to build a deck off of our...
Kyle502
Gravel/Crushed Rock for a Patio
We are in the process of purchasing a house in Boynton...
splais
Help finishing inside screened porch
Need suggestions. I don't know how to finish the top...
hlastala
TWP and One Time stain...2 years later
I built a deck in the summer of 2009. Decking was garapa...
weedyacres
Deck with no door to interior of the house?
I would love to build a deck off the back of our house...
Lowri de Jager
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™