$25k budget..is inground possible?

nadine33April 23, 2014

So our total budget is $25k. We're looking into pools and think we will probably only be able to afford an above ground? Is that true? That budget will include everything although we're willing to deal with a chain link fence for now and minimal landscaping along with a basic concrete surround. We're located in massachusetts. Looking approx 16 x 28 pool, or something close to that size. Would like at least 7' depth deep end. We're also looking into semi inground. Can anyone comment? Also, we're in a new construction with sandy soil and no ledge.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
banana_fanna

Friends of ours in Michigan got a 16X32 vinyl inground for 24K three years ago. So it can be done. 7 (or 8?) foot depth. I'm not sure of the equipment, though. Diving rock.

No experience with semi inground.

I don't know how much a standard concrete surround is but if I needed to knock something off to make budget that would be it. I happen to love the look of grass right up to the coping. That way, the surround of your choice could be added at a later date. Or just leave it grass. I just love that look.

Bookmark   April 25, 2014 at 8:12PM
jerseypool

Here in Jersey, Seasonal World is offering a $19,999 special for a 17' x 33' Grecian steel wall pool. (See link below...) Installation includes everything but fencing/landscaping. Great, no-nonsense company that put in our fiberglass pool back in '11.

Here is a link that might be useful: $19,999 Inground Special

Bookmark   April 26, 2014 at 7:20PM
natural_one

You could get an inground (shotcrete) pool in AZ for that budget.

It would be pretty basic, and there are many variables (access size, utility locations, and personal preferences.)

Bookmark   May 14, 2014 at 12:39AM
dewalt17

I'm currently doing a owner build on this 15x36 gunite pool. I will be in it for 30K and that includes pool, equipment, decking and fenced. So I would say 25 is doable if you plan correctly. Especially if you can do some of the work.

Todd

Bookmark   May 16, 2014 at 1:32PM
nadine33

Just as a follow up, got a few quotes. Chain link fence would run about $3500, electric 2k, concrete surround about $4000. Plus permits we're looking at about 10k without the pool. Getting an inground pool installed for 15k not happening around here.

Bookmark   May 16, 2014 at 1:50PM
More Discussions
I will answer pool plaster questions
For 23 years I was in the swimming pool plaster industry...
poolplasterexpert
New Pool in Louisiana
Wanted to share a few pictures of our new pool. It...
trhought
Need help with pool re-plastering job problem
We had a pool replastered. Contractor disappeared for...
ou17776
Looking for opinions on pool companies South Jersey...
Also, suggestions for whether people liked their tanning...
Karyn Kettleman Van Buskirk
Pool resurface question
I am having my pool resurfaced and the supplies were...
lbrandt5
Sponsored Products
ELK Lighting Cumberland Chandelier 14052/6 - 26W in. - 14052/6
$752.00 | Hayneedle
Progress Lighting Outdoor Lighting. LED Brushed Nickel Vertical, Louvered Step L
Home Depot
Grohe Movario 5 Shower Head - Sterling Infinity Finish
Modern Bathroom
Coral Bowls - Set of 2
$69.99 | Dot & Bo
Manvel Side Table - BRONZE
$699.00 | Horchow
3 Lights Sparkling K9 Crystal Shade LED Wall Mirror Lights
ParrotUncle
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™