Under-sink water catchment

silverswordDecember 21, 2009


I am in the process of building an outdoor kitchen, and I have a great drainage from the kitchen sink but I would like to re-use the gray water if at all possible. Does anyone know of an under-sink water barrel type thing I could plumb into my sink so I could use that water for my plants?

I would like the water to go down the sink, run through some sort of filter/food trap, go into an undersink barrel, then have a hose/something to get the water out.

Dimensions should be under 20" high and 16" across.

Thank you for your help!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

a 5 gallon bucket with some burlap or other cloth across the top of it. no need for a hose, it will be light enough to dump directly.

    Bookmark   December 27, 2009 at 10:12PM
Sign Up to comment
More Discussions
Help, water filter?
I recently bought a rural home, and have yet to move...
Hot water backflowing into cold supply
OK, I'm rephrasing my question, as what I'd asked before...
Fleck 9100 SXT Programming/Settings
I am finally installing my new Fleck 9100 SXT!!! Thanks...
Water softener decision for Austin, Texas city water
I want to better protect my plumbing from wear and...
Do Electric water heaters from plumbing supply differ from home depot
Plumbers I feel rip people off when installing electric...
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™