Show me your Timbertech PVC Porch or Deck

oldhomeowner_2007March 13, 2013

I'm looking for anyone who has used Timbertech PVC XLM Natural or Tropical. I would love to see pictures and would appreciate if you shared your knowledge/experience with the product. I am looking for a material for my front porch.
Thanks!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
dennisgli

Not sure that I would use PVC decking for a porch. But I've been very happy with TimberTech XLM for my deck.

Bookmark   March 23, 2013 at 1:39PM
oldhomeowner_2007

Thanks for your reply dennisgli. Are you suggesting you wouldn't use PVC on the porch because it can be slippery? Or for some other reason?

Bookmark   March 25, 2013 at 11:31AM
dennisgli

The surface of XLM is very hard - but it is textured enough that I don't consider it slippery. Though it probably isn't as non-slip as my fir porch floor.

I guess I wouldn't use it on a porch because my porch is pretty "traditional" - and I think wide, plasticky boards just wouldn't look right. Maybe it would look OK on a more "modern" porch - though I'm not sure what I mean by that!

XLM is pretty much maintenance free - I just wash it with soap to get the dirt off. They warn you not to put rubber things on it because it will stain but I haven't had that problem.

If you leave the ends exposed you'll need to do something to finish them since the inside is a different material and has voids. You might be able to just paint it to match?

Hope that helps.

Bookmark   March 30, 2013 at 8:09AM
More Discussions
Ipe vs. Thermory
First post of what I anticipate may be many as we embark...
lmgch
question about fencing
Hi, I know this isn't a fencing forum but I couldn't...
pitpat
Painting/stain lattice work
Installing new wooden lattice around my front porch....
becky556
Can't keep porch paint from peeling
We had a complete porch and deck tear off and replaced...
zorroslw1
How many steps to enter the house?
Just curious here, working with new construction determining...
deviantnic
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™