Aluminum Railing Sections with Ipe Deck

eckermanMarch 23, 2007

I am trying to decide on the style of railing to install with my new, 800-sq-ft deck. The decking will be ipe, and I want to select a railing that is in keeping with the same quality. I like the look of combining wood with black metal.

As an example, I like ipe hand railings and horizontal supports combined with black aluminum balusters (spindles).

I am particularly interested in aluminum railing sections that could be attached to ipe posts. Ipedepot.com offers this type of product. Please look at the second row of photos on this page: http://www.ipedepot.com/deckpicks.htm.

Has anyone had experience with these railing sections from ipedepot.com? I would be very interested in some customer feedback.

Has anyone used black aluminum balusters?

Thank you,

Dale

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
ron6519

I used black metal balusters on a deck I did for a client. They are now sold at Lowes, but at the time I found them at www.rockler.com. They sell a variety of styles. The simple round ones were about $20.00 for a box of 10.
Ron

Bookmark   March 24, 2007 at 12:16AM
john_hyatt

The black aluminuum balusters have been a big hit with my Ipe customers, we make our own conectors from preasure treated material. John

Bookmark   March 24, 2007 at 9:25AM
stu_r

I used the Dekorators black aluminum balusters on my deck and am very pleased with the results. Search on my name or see pics at
http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/load/porch/msg091000232084.html

Bookmark   April 3, 2007 at 9:39PM
More Discussions
Venting a wood column to prevent rot
I have purchased some old wood columns that are stave...
dustynight
Can't keep porch paint from peeling
We had a complete porch and deck tear off and replaced...
zorroslw1
Help finishing inside screened porch
Need suggestions. I don't know how to finish the top...
hlastala
Advice on new deck...On top of concrete, or remove concrete?
My wife and I are going to build a deck off of our...
Kyle502
Best concrete sealer to prevent salt damage? Any virgin concrete
I'm not sure which part of the forum this question...
growingadvice
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™