Translucent fence paneling

dah328March 23, 2013

I'm considering replacing the fence in my back yard with a translucent panel fence along the lines of the photo below. I assume the panels are some kind of polycarbonate, but I'm having trouble finding anything that is less than a roofing-grade panel which would be overkill (and over-$$) for a fence. Does anyone have any suggestions for where I could find appropriate materials for such a fence?

Contemporary Exterior by San Francisco Architect John Lum Architecture, Inc. AIA

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
bobnabq

I Googled about and found no supplier, but you may spend more time. Looks like the product you'd want is called "mistilite", although one site suggested plexiglass. Good luck ~ looks nice.

Bookmark   March 26, 2013 at 12:15AM
dkv-texas

If you look further down on the Houzz website, the architect shares that those are coated glass panels. Probably big money for your backyard fence. I think you are going to have trouble finding panels that are uv stable that aren't $$$. Maybe corrugated roofing panels would be your best bet. Good luck, I think the look of those is pretty cool.

Bookmark   March 28, 2013 at 3:40PM
k-rider

There are a couple of inexpensive corrugated roofing panels that are available in different colors. The currigations would add a lot of strength to your panel.
You may even find them in the big home stores.

Bookmark   March 30, 2013 at 8:01AM
bobnabq

I did find this website which has "Exquisite design meets extreme durability in this exterior translucent polycarbonate panel material. Made with 40% recycled content specially formulated for exterior applications, itâÂÂs a cost-effective alternative to glass."

http://www.3-form.com/materials/koda_xt/

Bookmark   March 30, 2013 at 8:50AM
dah328

An architect friend told me that the polycarbonate panels most commonly used in those kinds of fences go by the brand name "Polygal".

Bookmark   March 31, 2013 at 9:52PM
kristianne

It's clear view decking material just turned on it's side to make it taller. You can get it clear, frosted as in your photo, or tinted.

Bookmark   April 2, 2013 at 5:28PM
More Discussions
Ideas for front porch needed
Hello. We bought a house that was new construction....
jsandlin0803
Deck stain question for ipe and cedar and pine:
screened in application. ipe floor, clipped. cedar...
kellyrike
removing deck stain from vinyl siding
Greeting GW: I just re-stained my deck with BEHR PREMIUM...
thew60
Best material for a covered porch flooring
Hi all. I need to replace a covered porch floor...again....
Mags438
Porch window WeatherMaster Sunspace vs Ez screen vs Eze breeze
I was going to screen in our covered patio but then...
webeinky
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™