Well issues and UV light
I was not sure if I should post this in building a home, but since it was more plumbing I thought I would put it here. My first question is: with new construction or new well, is there usually any kind of guarantee from not having bacteria? I guess I mean, should the builder or well drillers be responsible for getting rid of it? We just moved in a couple weeks ago and the well has total coliform bacteria. We had the well shocked and it still came up with bacteria. So yesterday we had a water treatment company come out and test for other things. We have hard water and iron. They gave us an estimate on a UV light, Kinetico softner and install with pre-filters for just under 3K. I know the kinetico systems get good reviews. What are most thoughts on the UV?