FlowTite Water Valves

totsukaDecember 12, 2011

My home has FlowTite Water Valves in the bathroom/kitchen made by AccorTechnology. They come with a ten year warranty and mine are 8 years old now. The hose is connected to the valve at the factory so I guess I can never replace just the hose and would have to replace the hole thing.

Are these valves pretty reliable? I have heard real horror stories of homeowner's water supply hoses breaking after a period of time and a plumber told me years ago to replace them once every 7 or 8 years. Cheap insurance.

Anyone familiar with this product?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jakethewonderdog

Do you have stainless steel braid or nylon braid hoses?

I haven't had the experience with one of these lines breaking - I have had poly supply lines come apart from their compression fitting at the shutoff - usually a bad install.

Looking at their product online, my feeling is that the hoses are going to last just fine. It looks like the only way to change the hoses is to change the valve. They use a "sharkbite" type connection and you turn it counter-clockwise to remove it.

If these were in my house, I wouldn't worry about them (I have the same unbraided poly lines for 20 years).

Bookmark   December 13, 2011 at 8:29AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
totsuka

I have the nylon braid hoses. I'll just live with it. I see so many of those "water restoration" van driving around and hear horror stories of people's homes being flooded due to busted hoses in the landry room or bathroom. Sometimes I think making things "better" is not actually accomplishing much for the homeowner. These type of fittings are easy to install for the builder but that is about it.

Bookmark   December 26, 2011 at 10:40AM
More Discussions
Am I the only one bothered by this?
Since Houzz took over, these forums have become a spam-infested...
aliceinwonderland_id
Freezeless Hydrant Frozen??
Hi, I have freezeless hydrant that has never given...
den75
Grohe Ladylux Cafe Touch Faucet
Does anyone have this faucet, and if so, do you like...
sharon_va
Waste pipe uneven elbow leak
The gaskets are removed to show the situation in the...
rubyhum
Septic tank and question on the "Sponge"
I have a septic tank that when last pumped out had...
big_al_41
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™