AutoPilot SWG Installation

zooming993March 20, 2013

Purchased a new Pool Pilot Digital 40K SWG (DIG-220) and plan on installing it soon. My question has to do with wiring/powering the unit. Currently I have one (1) 230 line running to the equipment pad, this line is providing power to a Hayward Super Pump (1 ý HP), Raypak heater and Hayward booster pump. The 230 line is run using 12 gauge wire and has a double 20 AMP circuit breaker. My question is, do I need to run another 230 line to power the SWG or can I use the existing 230 line to power it? I will be replacing the Intermatic 2 power source mechanical timer with a new Intermatic 3 power supply digital timer. The power for the booster pump timer is powered by the other timer. Thanks for your help.

This post was edited by zooming993 on Thu, Mar 21, 13 at 7:34

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
zooming993

It's a Pool Pilot not an AutoPilot, sorry.

Bookmark   March 20, 2013 at 9:48PM
muddy_water

Basicly the line that goes to your main pump from your panel should also feed the Pool Pilot...

Rusty

Bookmark   March 21, 2013 at 8:13AM
zooming993

Rusty,

Thank you for the reply. So if I understand your reply correctly, I can add the new SWG system onto the same 230 line my main pump, heater and booster pump are currently running on?

Bookmark   March 21, 2013 at 9:33AM
muddy_water

You will want to run it so when you turn off your main pump you also turn off your SWG. So basicly the feed going to your main pump motor will also go to your SWG. Don't forget to bond everything or you could have a problem with electrolysis later on your equipment with the salt...

Rusty

Bookmark   March 21, 2013 at 3:55PM
More Discussions
Pool Filter Question
Should my pool filter run 24/7 or less than that? I...
JeremyLin
Spa motor capacitor
My spa is wired for 220v. The pump motor is rated for...
pugmark
Looking for advice on indoor pool filter and pump
Hi, I've spent time reading over the archives, but...
gwgjr33
Pool heater shutting off after 90 degrees F.
Hello! I have a pentair minimax 200M for my pool spa/combo....
tcornell05
Forty year facelift: OKC pool renovation
Hi everyone! I've been chronicling our pool renovation...
MiaOKC
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™