Toto Drake vs Drake II toilet

andyhutch1947December 1, 2010

I am presently building a home in Missouri and I was going to install a Toto Drake toilet (CST744SL). I just found out about the newer Drake II (CST454CEF). Can anyone give me first hand or first butt information on the newer Drake II? It seems the money difference is about $50 or so more for the II. Does the II perform better than the Drake? Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Andy

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
thull

We have a Drake that's about 5 years old and my parents just put in a Drake II in August. I like both, but I think the Drake II with the double cyclone and 1.28gpf is pretty cool. It works great and one advantage to the design is that there's no rim with water distribution holes underneath that eventually grows mildew. I'm not around for cleaning it, but it looks like it'd be a lot less painful to do a good job of that.

Bookmark   December 2, 2010 at 4:37PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
steve_o

I've had a Drake II for about a year and I'm sold. The performance is everything I would expect from a (good) 1.6-gpf toilet and more.

About the only thing I can note (I will try to do this delicately) is that sometimes waste that does not land in the water can stick surprisingly well. This does not happen often and I haven't figured out why it sometimes happens and sometimes does not (OK, I don't want to spend a lot of time thinking about it!). Even with that, the occasional extra cleanup that requires is more than made up for by not having all those holes get scaly and mildew-y. It truly is easier to clean than standard toilets.

Bookmark   December 6, 2010 at 9:55AM
More Discussions
Fleck 9100 SXT Programming/Settings
I am finally installing my new Fleck 9100 SXT!!! Thanks...
rss1978
Water Softener - calling justalurker
Hopefully you are still around. I had reached out a...
toddimt
Under counter water filters…again
I've lurked here for over a year and have learned so...
motherwallace
Terminox ISM for iron/manganese removal
Hi, I have had a water softener with other assorted...
merlin2552
Help with smelly well water
Just a little background. We bought a house 3 years...
cmonkey
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™