Cost to install faucet

cindiw2November 25, 2009

I want to have a spray faucet installed on my kitchen sink. Home Depot says their basic charge for installation is $119. for starters. I doubt that includes removal of the old faucet, I'll have to ask. A local plumbing company tells me they charge $60 an hour. How much do plumbers get by the hour, and how many hours should it take to remove an old faucet and install a new one?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
kudzu9

$60/hour is cheap for a plumber. In my area they typicaly also have a minimum charge, like $150 to cover the trip and the first hour. Unless there are complications, a competent plumber should be able to remove an old faucet and install a new one in well under an hour. More importantly, faucets are usually relatively easy to install, unless you are not very handy, which I assume is your situation. Don't you have a friend who knows a little plumbing? This is pretty basic and you could save yourself a fair chunk of money here. I'm not a plumber, but I've done this for several friends and have yet to run into a faucet that I couldn't deal with.

Bookmark   November 26, 2009 at 2:23PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
cindiw2

Thanks for info. The reason I will only be charged $60/hr. is because we have a service contract with this company. I think I can do it myself, BUT I'm confused about the garbage disposal, so far I haven't seen instructions for removing sink with garbage disposal. That's just one thing. Then I have a situation where I want to raise the sink for a few hours so I can apply something to the countertop. Those are two things for me to worry about.

Bookmark   November 26, 2009 at 3:39PM
More Discussions
Supply lines above subfloor, what are my options?
I am installing new floating vanities in my 2nd story...
tvett
Central Valley Water Filtration Suggestions
We are stationed in Lemoore, CA 45 minutes south of...
nomar116
Undermount sink edge intrudes on cut-out for faucet
15 years ago my kitchen was totally renovated by a...
Andee
Question about installing a back water valve in basement.
I want to install a back water valve in my house, but...
service1956
Help, water filter?
I recently bought a rural home, and have yet to move...
dmnwlkr
Sponsored Products
Hudson Reed Spout for UFG-PN317XUS
Hudson Reed
Carden Pedestal Sink
Signature Hardware
Coastal Shower Doors Shower Enclosures Legend Series 42 in. x 69 in. Framed
Home Depot
DreamLine Oil Rubbed Bronze Unidoor 36-37-inch Frameless Hinged Clear Shower Doo
Overstock.com
Remer by Nameeks Z40US Single Hole Bathroom Faucet - REMER Z40US
$374.00 | Hayneedle
VIGO Mahogany Moon Glass Vessel Sink and Faucet Set in Oil Rubbed Bronze
Overstock.com
Modern White Bathroom Sink
maestrobath
Holton Roman Tub Faucet - Chrome
Signature Hardware
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™