CorrectDeck CX aka Duralife Siesta - dead??

suzprinceFebruary 13, 2012

So .... I spent all weekend on this forum trying to work out what the best composite deck was and concluded Correctdeck - which I worked out was sold to GAF who renamed it Duralife Siesta.

We called GAF today to find a dealer and they told us they closed the business down on Dec 31 :(

Any one know if someone else has bought it or is really dead and gone???

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
millworkman

If they closed it down it was for a reason, move on to another brand!

Bookmark   February 14, 2012 at 10:05AM
dennisgli

I looked at both CorrectDeck CX and TimberTech XLM when I was building my deck. They were very similar - so you may want to try the latter.

Bookmark   February 14, 2012 at 2:57PM
SharonaZamboni

We used CorrectDeck about ten years ago, and I like it. But recently, I've seen some really nice looking composite decks. They look much more like real wood.

Bookmark   March 3, 2012 at 12:38AM
jvillecco

DuraLife Siesta is alive and well! The original owners of CorrectDeck CX have bought back the product line from GAF, and will continue to produce the product under the name DuraLife Siesta. Operations and prodution are up and running and this great product is back in good hands. We are a retailer and have sold this product for many years. I can honestly say that there has been less than a handful of issues. GAF was not suited for this product, and I'm glad the original owners stepped up to the plate.

Bookmark   March 31, 2012 at 8:40AM
suzprince

I can't find a website .. can you help as we need to find a supplier - we are building in Tennessee, but currently live in SC

Bookmark   April 6, 2012 at 7:40PM
nwis01

We're also looking to purchase this product. If the manufacturer is back in business, they're hiding it well...no website, no contact info, nothing. Any help here?

Bookmark   July 4, 2012 at 11:33PM
phatcat

I came upon this old thread while searching for info on Duralife/CorrectDeck. The original owners bought the company back from GAF and have resumed production under the Duralife brand..

Here is a link that might be useful: Duralife

Bookmark   June 10, 2013 at 11:32AM
dsb22

I just contacted DuraLife because I have a question about cleaning CorrectDeckCX. A http://www.correctbp.com site on LinkedIn redirected me to the DuraLife website. When I reached a rep, I asked why the site had redirected and she said that GAF had purchased some CorrectDeck products and then DuraLife had purchased GAF. She said that DuraLife had no information about CorrectDeck or how it was manufactured. If what you say is true, phatcat, the DuraLife rep was lying to me.

We have been happy with our CorrectDeckCX up till now, but we have had a very rainy summer and now there is mold all over the underside of the deck. I'm going to search other posts to see how best to handle it. I would definitely not recommend the DuraLife product though, if the CorrectDeck people are behind it.

Bookmark   July 5, 2013 at 11:20AM
More Discussions
Gravel/Crushed Rock for a Patio
We are in the process of purchasing a house in Boynton...
splais
question about fencing
Hi, I know this isn't a fencing forum but I couldn't...
pitpat
Advice on new deck...On top of concrete, or remove concrete?
My wife and I are going to build a deck off of our...
Kyle502
My partially completed Ipe deck, I got some questions...
Ok so I researched Ipe for a while and finally got...
jjd95
Can't keep porch paint from peeling
We had a complete porch and deck tear off and replaced...
zorroslw1
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™