Sun Shelf Opinions needed

reno10March 5, 2013

I have a gunite pool and would like to add a sun shelf. I was told that adding it directly to the pool is not recommended bc of risk to the gunite cracking/falling apart. What do people think about a separate sun shelf/kiddie pool next to the original pool? Is it weird looking? Does anyone have photos of something similar? Any help you can give would be appreciated! Thanks!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
NJNSPool

The looks will always be a personal preference, but I would imagine a talented designer/builder can do it in a way that it will look good.

Bookmark   March 8, 2013 at 11:12AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Suzi AKA DesertDance

I love the sun shelf with the umbrella holes, but I designed the pool to have that feature. An afterthought? Not sure how that would work.

We have purchased a new home with a funky pool. Truly funky! There is no way to have a tanning shelf, but a nice floaty with an umbrella might work! What is cool about this funky pool is the grotto, waterfall over, but under... OH MY!! A jacuzzi with a shelf for your cool drink.

I hate to leave this pool with the tanning shelf, miles of umbrellas, and an olympic pool, but I'm getting used to this little funky one!

Good luck to you!

Suzi

Bookmark   March 13, 2013 at 9:13PM
More Discussions
Looking for Pool Builder recommendations in Pasadena, CA
We are starting to evaluate contractors but can't find...
julieleek
Regular Pool Cover or Automatic Cover?
Although our pool project is getting pricier every...
southernmum
Plaster mottling???
It's been 13 days since we had the pool replastered....
lisadlu
New Pool in Louisiana
Wanted to share a few pictures of our new pool. It...
trhought
Inground pool contractor recommendations NJ
Looking for inground pool contractors for Tuckerton,...
leh3
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™