No water coming out of kitchen faucet

joyce_6333November 3, 2010

Hope someone can help me. DH is gone on a business trip, and the faucet in the kitchen only drips water when I turn it on. Every other faucet in the house is fine.

HELP!!! Is this something I could easily fix without any knowledge of plumbing at all?

TIA!

Joyce

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
weedmeister

Assuming this just started? and that it has worked correctly before?

Can you remove the aerator from the business end of the faucet? It usually just unscrews. There may be some debris clogging it up.

Bookmark   November 3, 2010 at 7:38PM
joyce_6333

Worked perfectly all day...it just started. I unscrewed the "head" part of the faucet, and it has 3 aerators. It's one of those pullout sprayer faucets. There didn't appear to be anything blocking the water. I blew through the aerators. While I had it apart, I turned the water on, and nothing came out. Put it back together, and not even a drop comes out now. Doesn't even sound like water it trying to flow.

Now I suppose I really broke it, huh?

Bookmark   November 3, 2010 at 7:52PM
kudzu9

Joyce-
I don't think you broke it. Part of the internal mechanism may have gotten plugged or failed. Given your limited plumbing skills, I recommend you not try to take the faucet apart on your own. It's not difficult, but you could end up with a leak or flood if you're messing around...particularly as I don't know if you have shutoff valves under the sink.

One other thing: Is this a single lever faucet, or are there separate handles for the hot and for the cold?

Bookmark   November 3, 2010 at 9:36PM
asolo

Inasmuch as you say you know nothing of such matters, stop right there. With the degree of uncertainty you've expressed, I suggest you not mess with this pressurized water line. The amount of damage that can be done in even a short time of uncontrolled leakage can be incredible.

Call a plumber. It will be a simple matter for them. Probably be minimum service-call charge. Don't feel foolish about it. Just get it taken care of.

Bookmark   November 3, 2010 at 11:37PM
joyce_6333

I'm calling the plumber....thanks!!!

Bookmark   November 4, 2010 at 9:29AM
kudzu9

joyce-
Please post back when you get a diagnosis.

Bookmark   November 4, 2010 at 4:05PM
More Discussions
New under mount sink - drain off-center?
I had a new granite countertop installed with an under...
mike_lee2
shower problem....can someone give me a clue?
My hot water plumbing JUST started acting "wonky."...
bevangel_i_h8_h0uzz
Inspection Hell (or why not to DIY)
Hi everyone, First time poster but long time lurker....
giantsean
Help with smelly well water
Just a little background. We bought a house 3 years...
cmonkey
Rainfresh water filter leaks from top.
I have a Rainfresh water filter. It seems to be leaking...
gtrshop
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™