Tigerwood with Messmers or TWP Stain Pics

tneisonFebruary 8, 2011

Now considering Tigerwood over everything else. Waiting for a few samples to arrive, which I'm going to stain with some TWP and Messmer samples I bought. What I'm trying to find online is a known tigerwood deck with either of these - sometimes you can't tell what stain they may have used. Some of the google image results aren't even Tigerwood - it's Ipe.

Tigerwood can look kind of 'orangish' in a lot of the pictures and that is the exact look we would want to prevent in a big way. We want the darker red/brown that Ipe can get using something like the TWP 116. I'm going to test all of this myself with my samples since that is the real way to do this, but if anyone has a known pic they can link to or post I'd appreciate it.

Obviously I'm trying to get the Ipe look with the Tigerwood prices. I'll admit that...

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
www.thedeckbarn

Garden structures .com seems to like tigerwood
steve scholl

Bookmark   February 10, 2011 at 11:04PM
deckman22

If you want your tigerwood to be darker let in set in the sun for awhile before applying the stain. The fresher the tigerwood is the lighter in color it is.

If you let it gray out it's hard to tell the difference between ipe.

Bookmark   February 16, 2011 at 12:51PM
tneison

Thanks for the feedback. The more I researched and looked at pics, I decided to go with Cumaru since it has a darker/more consistent look to it, especially stained w/ TWP 116. I hope it turns out ok...

Bookmark   February 17, 2011 at 11:46AM
More Discussions
Gemini Restore-A-Deck vs Woodrich Cleaner/Brightener
It's been awhile for me on this forum but I remember...
mike13
Cedar VS Pressure treated porch posts
When we built our house, the contractor put in cheap...
ricksample
What is the best composite?
I have been reading this forum for awhile as we are...
martina_21
Would love your input for stair/deck remodel on midcentury home!
As you can see, we inherited an interesting staircase...
Kate
Staining fence
Hi, We had a picket fence installed last summer. Per...
posierosie_zone7a__
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™