Installing a pool in Southern California

Steph.ssMarch 18, 2014

We are looking at redoing our backyard by tearing out our old jacuzzi, hardscaping and landscaping and start over from scratch. We would like to build a medium sized pool, outdoor room (patio with a tile roof) with fireplace, replace irrigation and landscaping. Our backyard is about 60' x 100', so we have a pretty good size yard considering where we live. We are not sure where to start, but think that a Design/Build might be the way to go. I was hoping to hear any recommendations or experience any other home owners had with their backyard and pool project that live in Orange County, Ca. (or nearby) and what your overall cost was.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Pools94

For the scope of your project in the county you live in you are looking at over 100,000 to do your yard project if you build it correctly.

Hope that helps answer your question.

Bookmark   March 19, 2014 at 10:42PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Steph.ss

Thanks Pools94. We are finding that out. The rough estimates we have gotten so far are $150,000 up to $200,000. Another rough estimate for a 450sp ft pool is starting at $40,000. Add anything to it, like a small water feature or raised wall, it jumps up to $50,000 and up.

Bookmark   March 24, 2014 at 4:01PM
More Discussions
Plaster mottling???
It's been 13 days since we had the pool replastered....
lisadlu
Diaphragm in Barracuda cleaners keeps getting torn
We have second home in FL with pool built in late 70s'==like...
loves2read
Is it safe to build a vinyl inground with pyrite in the soil?
I have been trying to find information about excavating...
jo229
Need new pool filter help
I don' t mind spending the money for a good pool pump...
echooooo
hot tub evaporation rate in cold
Ok, newbie here to pool and hot tub ownership. We have...
ladybugfruit
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™