Pentair Minimax NT E004

JMarkoMarch 16, 2013

I have replaced the upper plenum, fan, pressure switch, ignitor, flame sensor, and I cleaned all 8 burners of dirt dobbers and rust. The heater worked a few times and now one month later I again get error code 004 after it tries to cycle on 4-5 times. After the purge cycle, the fan shuts off for about 15 seconds and then I hear the fuel gas ignite. When the fan does not turn back on shortly after ignition, the fuel gas trips off. After 4-5 times, I get the E004 code. Can someone tell me what to do to get this problem fixed. I do not see anything wrong with the hose. Also, I cleaned the burner valve as best I could.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
JMarko

After reading several of the other posts with similar problems, I again cleaned out all the burners and orifices. I also replaced the hose to the fan/ pressure switch just in case there was a small hole. I just put it all back together and still get the same problem. The gas trips off shortly after it lights because the fan does not switch from low speed to high speed quickly enough. Any suggestions for the next step. I was thinking it may be the controller (expensive item) or possibly the Honeywell gas valve.

Bookmark   March 17, 2013 at 2:24PM
muddy_water

Have you called Pentair?

Bookmark   March 17, 2013 at 11:15PM
muddy_water

Check the stack flue sensor.....

Bookmark   March 19, 2013 at 1:12PM
JMarko

I don't see any stack flue sensor in the manual. I don't think this model has one.

Bookmark   March 22, 2013 at 5:32PM
muddy_water

I guess I was thinking of a Master temp...Sorry...Try the link below

Here is a link that might be useful: Pentair

Bookmark   March 22, 2013 at 10:05PM
JMarko

Thanks, I will check that link. Last weekend, I got the heater running by lowering the fuel gas pressure at the manifold by turning the adjustment counterclockwise inside the valve. I went in 1/4 increments until the heater started. I then ordered a 0-15" wc gauge so that I can make sure the pressure at the manifold is at 2.0 " wc. Once it arrives, I will post again to let you know if this fixes the problem. Hopefully, it will consistently fire up properly if the pressure is right.

Bookmark   March 28, 2013 at 6:52PM
coltar15

When you get Pentair on the phone and tell them your model number, there will probably be a pause, and a sigh.,from the tech. Don't let that bother you.
Seriously, that can be a hard heater to trouble shoot. Get help.

Bookmark   March 31, 2013 at 10:45AM
More Discussions
Pool Filter question
Hi All, I'm new to this board. Thanks in advance for...
austinyankeefan
Forty year facelift: OKC pool renovation
Hi everyone! I've been chronicling our pool renovation...
MiaOKC
Pool builder search sugar land, tx
Hi guys! Were closing on our brand new home in sugar...
mtrade01
New Pool in Louisiana
Wanted to share a few pictures of our new pool. It...
trhought
Looking for opinions on pool companies South Jersey...
Also, suggestions for whether people liked their tanning...
Karyn Kettleman Van Buskirk
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™