Centerset vs minispread

loveall8November 17, 2012

Hi everyone, quick question:

Are centerset and minispread the same? Since they both say they fit 4inches, can I use a minispread faucet for pre drilled holes made for centerset faucets?

Thanks in advanced.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Sophie Wheeler

A 4" centerset faucet is an entire unit. A mini spread is individual components. They will use the same counter drilling pattern. The drawback to minispread is that the holes are so close together that it's difficult to clean in between the components--unlike a widespread which has 8" in between the components.

    Bookmark   November 18, 2012 at 5:24PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

Thank you hollysprings!

Unfortunately I did not realize that my home builder would be drilling holes for centerset faucets! We were planning to replace the faucets ourselves to save costs afterwards. But now that my countertops are permanently drilled for centerset faucets, I cannot get wide spread faucets :(

Widespread faucets are definitely easier to clean and look much better. So mini spread is the closest I can get to the widespread look.

    Bookmark   November 18, 2012 at 5:38PM
Sign Up to comment
More Discussions
toilet flapper closes too fast
a 5 y.o. AS 4396 w/Fluidmaster guts. The flapper is...
Toilet swirls, but won't flush!!
Very frustrated. The toilet seems to be ok, it gets...
Garden Hose iced over
Ok, I know I was stupid. I'm new to home ownership...
LaToscana Novello Thermostatic Shower Valve
Trouble with LaToscana Novello Shower Valve- no hot...
troubleshooting thermostatic valve for shower
troubleshooting thermostatic valve, no hot water and...
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™