New Pool Build Orange County, CA
After months of designing and re-designing we have finally started our pool!
14x14 pool (actual pool area is smaller b/c of spa...see below); 3.5 ft depth (cocktail pool)
6x6 spa raised 12" with spillover on 2 sides with glass mosaic
6 venturi jets
SR Smith Basketball Hoop
Mini Pebble in Carribbean (or should we stick with Pebble Sheen?)
AquaLogic 4 LED lights (1 for pool and smaller one for spa)
Hayward 400,000 BTU Heater
Solar Panels (no clue on which brand to go with...any input here?)
Hayward Vari Drive EcoStar Pump (2.5 hp I think)
650 sq ft decking (Arto)
Covered Structure with roof matching to main house
Bar (under structure)
Outdoor Kitchen (Lynx 36" grill, fridge, warming drawer, double gas burner)
10-15 foot hedge all around yard (prunus Caroliniana Compacta and Italian Cypress)
Our home is a Santa Barbara style and want to carry this outdoors but in a more contemporary way.
They just started last Wednesday and did the demo/excavation...ready for steel and plumbing followed by 1st inspection and gunite this week! SO excited to see the finished product! When we step into the backyard I want it to feel like we're on vacation :-)
1. Anyone have Prunus Caroliniana as a hedge near their pool? Wondering if it sheds a lot. Any other recs on tall, narrow hedge? Podocarpus is out since we want something dense.
2. Mini Pebble vs Pebble Sheen: right now our contract says Mini Pebble and this is what the builder and designer both have in their own homes. The installer has been in the business 30 some years.
3. Anyone have Arto concrete tile near pool? Wondering if you've had any issues with salt or slippage. We will probably be getting a textured version for anti slip.
4. Coping: i want to use one of the Arto products as coping but is pour in place better (ie more durable?)
5. Right now all controls are via remote but should I also add a spa side switch as well?
6. Step into spa...should I put one in each corner? This way, there's 2 ways to get in. and, I figure it could also be used as an armrest. Or, is this just a waste of space?
I probably won't sleep for the next 3 months worrying over every little decision!
Thanks so much for your input, advice and expertise...we are pool newbies :-)