Pebble Sheen Installation Question

IndypoolDFWMarch 6, 2012

We are on the home stretch and my PB is scheduling my Pebble Sheen installation. Can someone tell me what to expect in terms of steps so that I can be sure that everything is done. I have seen people post that their PS pool was not buffed. Just want to make sure I know what should be done. Thanks for your responses. This site has been a great resource.

Elizabeth

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
huskyridor

You can expect your applicator to clean and prep the pool for the interior poool finish application, perform the application, then his crew will show up on the following day to perform the acid and pressure wash, then they'll install the eyeballs, pool/spa lamps, and your garden hoses to fill the pool. A buff as you described will come as an additional charge.
I'm curious, what color pool finish did you choose?
Congrats on the new pool, post some pic's for all of us to enjoy.

See ya,
Kelly

Bookmark   March 9, 2012 at 1:47AM
natural_one

the buffing is not an extra charge in AZ if done by a licensed PebbleTec/Sheen applicator (one of only two in phx). It is done during the acid wash on the day following the initial install. It is simply a weed wacker with a polishing wheel of composite bristles. A hose is dropped immediately after the acid wash.

Bookmark   March 12, 2012 at 10:09AM
SumofMyDiscontent

wonder huskyridor if you can advise me? for a variety of reasons our paver deck project got out of phase with the pool resurface. how long after the sheen is installed do you think i can let the paver contractor work on deck. (i don't want the dust to get into the pool before the sheen "cures")

Bookmark   August 2, 2013 at 3:02PM
womanowned

I would delay the Pebble Sheen until after the decks are done if there is going to be any cutting of material for the decks.

Bookmark   August 4, 2013 at 1:06PM
SumofMyDiscontent

agreed - that would have been the right way to do it. but the sheen is going in today (turtle bay) acid wash tomorrow. and the pavers are mostly in - but not complete. a few cuts, the vibrating. and the grouting are still left. the aquamatic cover is going in on Monday 8/12. so we can cover up after then. i suppose i should i wait until 8.12 so that i can cover the pool at least? what about vibrations?

Bookmark   August 5, 2013 at 11:31AM
SumofMyDiscontent

PS womanowned - i LOVE the spillway feature you have on the pool on your business landing page. not just pouring straight into the pool but landing on the stone ledge first.

Bookmark   August 5, 2013 at 11:34AM
SumofMyDiscontent

PS womanowned - i LOVE the spillway feature you have on the pool on your business landing page. not just pouring straight into the pool but landing on the stone ledge first.

Bookmark   August 5, 2013 at 7:57PM
More Discussions
My pebble sheen finish is so uneven...
Our pebble sheen finish was completed on January 1st...
Susan Scearce
Small 3/4' mosaic waterline tile - mistake?
Hello, We're getting ready to sign our contract, and...
oakrunfarm
Diamond Brite and River Rok pictures requested
I've been following this board forever, and after years...
styler32
AquaShield pool enclosure
I have AquaShield pool enclosure for less than two...
aquashield2
Swimming laps- Design help
My wife wants to swim laps. Short of building an olympic...
jparkfire
Sponsored Products
Enzo Pebble Stone Accent Chair
Overstock.com
Pyramid Feng Shui Ball Lighted Table Fountain
$99.99 | Lamps Plus
Dale Tiffany Lamps 10.75 in. Castle Cut Antique Bronze Accent Lamp TA100351
$72.98 | Home Depot
Dale Tiffany Lamps 13.75 in. Slayter Antique Bronze Accent Lamp TA70678
Home Depot
Sterling Vista Pivot II 1500D-26S 26.5W x 65.5H in. Pebbled Glass Shower Door Mu
$474.99 | Hayneedle
Sterling Deluxe 5970-48S 48.875W x 70H in. Pebbled Glass Shower Door - 5970-48S
$543.99 | Hayneedle
Pebble Dream Castle Six-Piece Sheet Set
$49.99 | zulily
Fading Butterflies Bowl
| Dot & Bo
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™