Vessel sink drain

adh673November 3, 2010

I purchased an american standard white vessel sink from Home Depot. A great price, it came with a grid drain and an overflow drain cover- both in Chrome.

I am doing either aged pewter or oil rubbed bronze for the faucet and the bright chrome doesnt match.

How do you cover an overflow drain? I havent seen any covers for it. I also heard that grid drains are not good for draining. Should I get a new drain? Is it possible to turn the sink so the drain is in the front and less visible or will that be annoying to hand washers?

I dont know what to do!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

If your sink has an overflow, you should use it. The correct corresponding drain would be "with overflow" (NOT "less overflow" or however they say it). So there should be hole(s) on the side of the drain near the bottom os the overflow water can into the drain. If the sink is round and uniform, you can turn the sink so the overflow hole is not visible.

    Bookmark   November 5, 2010 at 7:50AM
Sign Up to comment
More Discussions
De-winterize, re-winterize...costs?
My 24 yr old son is buying a 1950 home on a short sale...
Culligan HE vs Kinetico Premier vs Fleck
Hi, After doing some research regarding the above water...
Does reverse osmosis water corrode copper plumbing? The answer ..
The answer is YES. I did a very unscientific study...
Garden Hose iced over
Ok, I know I was stupid. I'm new to home ownership...
Pulldown sprayer leaking
My Moen pulldown faucet (with Reflex Technology!) was...
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™