First time pool buyer

tnicholasMarch 5, 2012

We are reviewing proposals from pool builders in North Texas and quite honestly are a little surprised at how expensive the pools are. This is our first experience with building a pool so my only "experience" is reading this board. I'm concerned the contractor may be taking advantage of our inexperience? I would really appreciate your honest opinion and suggestions on the proposal.

FEATURES

- Pool

- Zero edge interior spa

- (3) water features

POOL AREA: 575

DEPTH: 3.5' - 5'

DECK AREA: 850

STEEL: (4) No 5's continuous in perimeter; No. 4's at 6" on center each way throughout

GUNITE: (7) sack gunite mix

EQUIPMENT:

- 4000 Series Pentair DE filtration system

- 3 hp/INTELLI FLO Pentair pump

- Cleaner POLARIS 280 with 3/4 hp pump motor

- 400,000 BTU Pentair heater

- Indoor controls

EXTERIOR:

- coping is 12" stone coping

- $4.50 sq. ft. waterline tole allowance

- pebbletec or equivalent interior finish

- deck textured concrete

CEDAR SHADE STRUCTURE

- 15X15

$81,000

Optional (14) Piers 12" diameter concrete piers reinforced with (4) No 5 bars caged w/stirrups drilled to 20' $6,000.00

TOTAL $87,000.00

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
txcajun

You might want to try and get a few more bids and see how much they are??

Bookmark   March 6, 2012 at 6:48PM
MrsSB

I'm in North Texas and that bid doesn't seem all that high. I do agree with txcajun that you should get another bid though, my opinion is that anytime you are spending more than about $10K always get at least two bids.

What are your three water features? Just wondering since I only see the 1 Intelliflo and no additional pumps for water features.

Bookmark   March 11, 2012 at 7:26PM
poolchica

Where are you located in North Texas? We are east of Dallas (Rockwall area) and I can recommend some pool builders in this area for you to contact. We are having a pool built for $45,300...with the following specs: 35'x16' pool, depth of pool 3 1/2' to 5', pool area 595 sq. ft, perimeter 108', level spa 7'x8', 40 linear ft. of boulders on back side w/water fall and water weepers, Diamond Brite plaster, LED pool light and spa light, Pentair equipment incl. Pentail Easy Touch wireless electronic controls, in-line chlorinator, flagstone coping, 490' handseeded aggregate decking, and 72'x18" millsap retaining wall. Highly recommended pool builder in this area.

Bookmark   March 19, 2012 at 4:28PM
More Discussions
Need new pool filter help
I don' t mind spending the money for a good pool pump...
echooooo
Spa motor capacitor
My spa is wired for 220v. The pump motor is rated for...
pugmark
Diaphragm in Barracuda cleaners keeps getting torn
We have second home in FL with pool built in late 70s'==like...
loves2read
New Pool in Louisiana
Wanted to share a few pictures of our new pool. It...
trhought
Baffled by my pool- peeling skim coat?
Hi all! My in ground concrete pool is leaking... I...
sabine77
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™