Green Roof?!? Help!?!?

AlexBrewerJanuary 23, 2014

So, first off, I didn't know where to put this post, I didn't see a roof section.

Anyways, my problem is: I'm 18, I'm moving to Philadelphia with my mom in March and she has yet to pick a house. I would love to live in the city and she would too but there's only one town house that she's even considering that isn't deep in the suburbs. The reason she feels we cant live in the city is because we have a dog. This town house she's looking at has no back yard and there's no way she and I could take him on a walk multiple times a day.

BUT...

Here's the catch, there's a roof deck! I was thinking that we could do a green roof up there for the doggy!

http://www.easyturf.com/residential-synthetic-grass/artificial-grass-applications/green-roofs/nggallery/page/5/

What I'm wondering is: How hard would it be to do? How much would it cost? Would it work for the dog? Would there be anything wrong with doing that?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
marcinde

It's going to smell, but if you can live with that - don't do a roof deck without consulting an engineer. In DC we HAVE to bring an engineer in on roof decks and it's not a stupid rule.

Bookmark   January 31, 2014 at 8:26AM
More Discussions
Porch window WeatherMaster Sunspace vs Ez screen vs Eze breeze
I was going to screen in our covered patio but then...
webeinky
clear roof over patio
I would like some advice/help with the clear roof over...
ktmast
Venting a wood column to prevent rot
I have purchased some old wood columns that are stave...
dustynight
How bad is this- builder did not use stainless screws on ipe?
I have a mess on my hands and would appreciate any...
LaylaJane
Deck with no door to interior of the house?
I would love to build a deck off the back of our house...
Lowri de Jager
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™