Nobody does drop-in sink on stone countertop? Really?
I know... undermount is more popular these days -- it allows continuous flow in granite, and is easy to wipe stuff off, etc. But then I also read about how gunk might (although not always) build up at the seam depending on the reveal, and how the granite edge might get chipped, etc.
Do people all stay away from drop-in sinks when using solid/stone countertops such as granite? I personally do not consider them ugly, but on the other hand, I've never owned a granite countertop. But we WILL use granite in our remodeled kitchen . Here are the pros and cons I see with drop in sinks (without having researched thoroughly into sinks):
- Easier installation, thus lower cost
- No chipped edges
- Easy to replace in case of the need
- visible on the granite surface, thus disrupting the flow
- gunk may build up at the seam along the edge
- they tend to look less elegant (? not sure on this one)
Anyhow, for those people who do have drop in sinks on solid stone countertop, do you regret? And could you please post pictures? Thank you!