Pool Deck Advice -Unhappy with Spray Deck

jdub21March 18, 2012

We had a pool installed last summer and had concrete deck poured. The concrete was ugly so we had spray deck (like 'cool deck')put down in a tan color. The finish of the spray deck is "textured". The tan color did not hold at all and immediately started fading in several spots (turning a whitish color). The deck looks really bad now.

The pool builder waanted to come back and fix but due to all the issues we had with the builder (many - long story but trust me) we decided to keep 2k and cut our ties

We now want to have something done to the deck. I have researched a company that has a product and can make the deck look like stone. Which would be great but the costs is 6k; more than i can afford.

I'm really just looking for some suggestions, recommendations and options to make the deck look better. I wish we would have just stained the concrete. I was wondering if the spray deck could be removed?

My cheapest option is probably to just repaint the deck.Which is what i will do if i do not come up with anything else.

Any recommendations, ideas from anyone.

Thanks

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
poolmd

Your problem is not uncommon. A simple acid wash of the spradeck will remove the effervescence (the white stuff you are seeing) you should be happy with the results

Bookmark   March 18, 2012 at 7:22PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
allanreed2000

I am in a similar situation. I want to redo my old kool deck. I'm wondering if a composite decking would work. Please let me know if you decided what to do with yours and how it turned out.

Bookmark   December 29, 2013 at 12:56AM
More Discussions
Regular Pool Cover or Automatic Cover?
Although our pool project is getting pricier every...
southernmum
Basement pool - How to prepare the room?
With some slight modifications to my garage (dropping...
Alex House
changing pool filter
I AM TOLD BY MY POOL SERVICE THAT MY FILTER IS TOO...
rudnick
Cleaning pool filter
Does your pool filter look like this after it's been...
bossyvossy
Pool heater shutting off after 90 degrees F.
Hello! I have a pentair minimax 200M for my pool spa/combo....
tcornell05
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™