water leak coming from the floor of my 1945 home

southern_texanNovember 6, 2010

Hello all,

I stumbled into this web site searching for answers on how do go about finding the water leak I have in my dining room floor entry. The dining room is located just off the kitchen. My home was built in 1945 with pier and beam construction. There is a crawl space in the floor in one of my hall closets to have access to the underside of the house, however this space is very small. You would have to crawl on your belly and there are beams everywhere the the house rests on. Will I have to rip up my floor to access the leak? I will admit I don't know much about construction especially in older homes.

I will certainly appreciate any advice that anyone can offer. The leak gets bigger daily, and even though I live in south Texas we still get freezing temps here. We got down to 34 last night and I am concerned about the leak freezing over and causing serious plumbing issues.

Thanks again in advance for any advice !

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
captainbob

Hmmm...Does the leak seem to be coming from the kitchen sink? Does it seem to only get wet when when you run water in the kitchen? Did you look under the sink to see if there is anything leaking under there?--The Captain

Bookmark   November 8, 2010 at 10:22AM
More Discussions
Fleck 5600SXT 64k Setup
Well I recently had a new water softener installed...
SheeB
the dreaded frozen pipes...
Hello all, I hope someone out there can help me. I...
kineala
Toilet swirls, but won't flush!!
Very frustrated. The toilet seems to be ok, it gets...
edweather
Grohe Ladylux Cafe Touch Faucet
Does anyone have this faucet, and if so, do you like...
sharon_va
Pulldown sprayer leaking
My Moen pulldown faucet (with Reflex Technology!) was...
ginny20
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™