Please Help me choose curtain rod color and curtains!

mlrprincetonApril 24, 2014

My Macy's chesterfield sofas arrived yesterday and they're so cute! Still need an area rug and a million other things and I have some side tables and a pair of orange gourd lamps I have to set up, but next on the agenda is curtains because I'm sick of making awkward eye contact with my neighbor! So... help me choose color/ finish for curtain rods.

The sofa and ottoman feet are black. I'm not sure if the doorknob backplate on the French door is black or oil rubbed bronze. (We don't live in the house yet which is why I can't get up and look right now!)

So I'm thinking oil rubbed bronze or black rods.

But I'm worried oil rubbed bronze curtain rods would clash with the black furniture feet and black curtain rods would look cheap and plastic-y? Don't think satin nickel or brassy would work here, but I'm open to all suggestions.

As for curtains I was thinking of doing a "safe" off-white to match the trim since there's a lot of bold colors going on here, but I'm open to suggestions here as well. Would a cream with either a teal or orange design be too much?
Thank you all!!!

Also if anyone is wondering, the walls are Sherwin Williams Agreeable Gray and the trim is SW Downy.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
beverlyfla

Maybe a bit of pattern?

Bookmark   April 24, 2014 at 12:44PM
theclose

I second pattern. Love the ones Beverly posted. Lots of similar ones out there.

Bookmark   April 24, 2014 at 3:22PM
mlrprinceton

Those are nice! Would you do cream and grey, or try to bring in the orange/teal accent colors?

Bookmark   April 24, 2014 at 3:57PM
beverlyfla

I would keep the orange to a minimum. Maybe on just the pillows and the lamps. You might also include it into a patterned rug, but not in the drapes.

White and grey for the drapes with blue if you can find it.

Bookmark   April 25, 2014 at 10:43AM
mlrprinceton

Wow, look at that! Thank you Beverly!!

Bookmark   April 25, 2014 at 12:06PM
cozyplace

Wow Beverly, you certainly have a talent picking out the perfect look for the curtains. Great, great choice.

Bookmark   April 25, 2014 at 8:55PM
nosoccermom

I've been eyeing these on West Elm lately, currently on sale for 49.00/pair. They're linen, 96" long.

Also on sale

Plus a bunch of others, including patterned or solid, e.g. burlap. I can't quite make out your colors (more beige, greige, or gray?)

Bookmark   April 26, 2014 at 10:04AM
yayagal

I think the orb will work fine with the black, they will appear dark and you don't want matchy matchy too much in a room. I also agree on the drapes, definitely pattern.

Bookmark   April 26, 2014 at 11:58AM
More Discussions
Ellen's Design Challenge final - spoiler alert
Spoilers below -- but, I really want to know the answer. I...
edie_thiel
Now onto bedding!
Time to decide on bedding. Thanks to all the awesome...
jmdkc
Please help with paint/decorating dining room
Hello, I wanted to get some help painting and decorating...
Xclusive
Details of how to post photos, questions
I want post some pictures of my dining room to ask...
linnea56
Credenza for mcm home
I have been searching for a credenza for the tv in...
rockybird
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™