Renovation in Sugar Land/Missouri City TX

peymar3March 22, 2011

We are currently trying to get quotes for renovating our pool. We are looking to add many new features to our basic pool (spa, sun deck, waterfall) and update the plaster, tile, coping and deck.

However, the pool builders we have contacted have responded that they either do not do renovation work or do not work in our area. There are a few others that have not gotten back to me yet.

Any recommendations for reputable renovators in our area would be greatly appreciated!!!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lascatx

I had the same problem a year ago. I found a couple who might be interested if they could sell you enough stuff you didn't know you wanted, change your equipment etc. Others will either not answer the phone or not get back to you. Most of the focus is on new pool work.

Check out Pool Works (aka Houston Pool Renovations) at the website below. If nothing changes tomorrow, we'll be finalizing plans for them to start our pool next week (tile and plaster). They off the beltway near 290 -- closer to you than they are to me up in The Woodlands, so I doubt location will be an issue.

I was first referred to them by the guy who services our pool equipment. I'm told they do plaster work for Wise Pools and Texas Pools -- two long-time builders of top notch pools up this way. They use a lot of Wet Edge finishes (we are looking at Luna Quartz) but that have several other lines available.

They've been in business since 1991 and they tell me they do 1200 pools year. From my discussions with them, I know they can do the plaster, tile, coping and deck but you would need to check with them on the structural changes to the pool. I'll be surprised if they can't help you. I hope that helps. I remember how frustrated I was last year.

Bookmark   March 22, 2011 at 11:25PM
peymar3

Thanks so much for the info and for letting me know I am not losing my mind! I never realized it would be so hard to just get some quotes. I will give them a call!

I am interested in hearing how your renovation goes. Keep us updated!

Bookmark   March 23, 2011 at 9:29AM
lascatx

I talked to Greg this morning and he said they can do the structural changes, so do give them a call.

Bookmark   March 23, 2011 at 2:20PM
kansas79

You might also try JTK Pools out of the CyFair area. I know he specializes in renovations and remodel. You can get to there web site below.

Here is a link that might be useful: JTK Pools

Bookmark   March 23, 2011 at 11:09PM
stewart7795

You can try Vollmer Custom Pools or Monster Pools as well. I have friends that have used them recently for swimming pool remodels....

Bookmark   March 25, 2011 at 9:31AM
peymar3

Thanks so much for the recommendations! I have 3 companies coming out this week. Depending on how it goes, I may be calling some more...

Bookmark   March 25, 2011 at 11:25PM
smilesb2u_hotmail_com

I am in the process of getting some bids for pool renovation...how did your bidding and renovation go?
Bonnie

Bookmark   June 20, 2011 at 2:59PM
More Discussions
Small 3/4' mosaic waterline tile - mistake?
Hello, We're getting ready to sign our contract, and...
oakrunfarm
should pool building take this long??
I signed a contract July 19th with Mr. Carlos pools....
animallover5
Would you recommend Fibre Tech?
Anyone with Fibre Tech experience like to comment?...
shuffles_gw
Diamond Brite and River Rok pictures requested
I've been following this board forever, and after years...
styler32
Need help with sealing gunite to rock, and black alge
Hey friends! I purchased a house last summer in Houston,...
Klint Turney
Sponsored Products
Cow Creamer - White
| Dot & Bo
Domusworks Graphic Fret Maize Decorative Pillow - DM27
$71.99 | Hayneedle
Black & White Canister
$35.99 | Dot & Bo
New Oriental Hand Knotted Heriz Serapi 6'x9' Burgundy & Navy Wool Area Rug H3562
BH Sun Inc
Bedetti Two-Tone Silver 12-Light 32-Inch Wide Chandelier with Firenze Clear Crys
Bellacor
Dark Brown Cosmopolitan Storage Bench
$139.99 | zulily
Joia Peruvian Silver Five Light Chandelier
$636.00 | Bellacor
Two King 406TC Embroidered Percale Pillowcases
$195.00 | Horchow
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™