What soap dispenser and water filter dispenser to get?

lori_inthenw_gwMarch 19, 2014

I have made so many decisions so far in advance and yet it is so hard to get from the 95% level to the 100% level! I know you know what I mean...

Kitchen faucet is Hansgrohe Allegro E Gourmet semi-pro in Steel Optik (a somewhat brushed finish) and sink is Silgranit Performa 1/3/4 with the low divide (biscuit). Countertop plan is Pental quartz in Wild Rice. Cabinets are slabs with simple Princetonian pulls also in a brushed silver finish.

I need to spec the soap dispenser and water filter dispenser and I have to admit I have totally let those slide til now. I suppose it would be easier if I'd gotten a chrome faucet, but I wanted something less polished. Anyone have any suggestions for those last two items? I'm crawling to the finish line here...

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sherri1058

I would consider a full flow drinking water system which would eliminate the need for a separate faucet. I think that 3M and Everpure make them.

Bookmark   March 19, 2014 at 3:09PM
lori_inthenw_gw

We have a whole house water system that provides some treatment and a multi-component system that goes under the sink that we'll be moving from our current house, just need the small dispenser thing. (I do see that some of them look like full faucets, but that's overkill for us.)

Bookmark   March 19, 2014 at 3:45PM
feisty68

Echoing Sherri, I picked the 3M Aquapure Full Flow undercounter system. No separate faucet which makes me very happy :) . I haven't installed it yet, but because it's high flow it should not slow down the water flow.

Bookmark   March 20, 2014 at 12:27AM
MichaelsAd

It really depends on what you are trying to filter from the water, and whether another faucet is really an issue. If you are looking to remove everything from the water, I would suggest a reverse osmosis system. If it is only chlorine and the taste of the water you are concerned about, then the above water filters will do the job.

Here is a link that might be useful: Aquasafe Systems

Bookmark   March 20, 2014 at 5:42PM
quadesl

We have a Kohler faucet and soap dispenser in chrome and a Multipure Aquaversa MP750SB Water Filter. We use it primarily for drinking water. The faucet is available in a number of finishes.

Here is a link that might be useful: Water filter

Bookmark   March 20, 2014 at 6:06PM
More Discussions
My Kitchen Renovation Using Scherr's RTA Cabinets Begins
We start demolition on Monday. We have been actively...
homechef59
Anyone have experience with JSI rta cabinets? Essex or Dover?
I'm looking into this brand as suggested by a previous...
happyallison
Shallow sinks?
I'm not sure if this is a thing, but I'm interested...
Lrw2a
Kitchen dimensions/layout advice please
We're finally renovating but this isnt a major overhaul,...
jomonster8u
color of sink in a modern kitchen ?
I will have white cabinets and dark grey counter tops. what...
jeannette10
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™