Can it be installed on drop-in type sinks?

robichoNovember 5, 2013

Hello,
I'm renovating my kitchen and I don't want the height of the spout too high which is why I love this model: Kohler 10430-CP Forte.

Unfortunately, I've only seen photo's where it is installed in under-mount applications. Can it be installed on 3-hole drop-in type sink as well? (I purchased a one and half stainless steel sink)

Thanks in advance,
robicho

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
snoonyb

Neither the faucet nor the sink care, only you.

Bookmark   November 5, 2013 at 9:50AM
Eleanor-B

"snoonyb" - WTF? ... Seriously Dude?
"robicho" ... I can't imagine snoonyb meant to be insulting and ignorant so let me try to sort out what SHOULD have been typed in his reply ..... if you really love the look, your plumber will find a way to install them for you.

I personally think your choices are great! I have a small galley kitchen and that combo would be fabulous!

Bookmark   November 5, 2013 at 1:13PM
weedmeister

What he was saying is that it does not matter. I have a similar Price Pfister unit in my 3-hole sink.

Bookmark   November 6, 2013 at 12:56AM
snoonyb

"weedmeister" Exactly!

Well hello "Eleanor-B-"WTF"(Your Page)

It's not often that a forum editor "elects" to "erroneously"
misinterpret the intent of a contributed comment; "so let me try to sort out what SHOULD have been typed in his reply"

So, in deference to you, I asked the 2 sinks and 5 faucets, that were installed yesterday, the Miele and Bosch DW's and the 2 FP dish dwrs. which were installed today, if they cared.

And too not be accused of exerting any undo influence I hadn't plugged the appliances in, before asking.

It was unanimous,"Neither the faucet nor the sink care, only you."

Bookmark   November 7, 2013 at 12:28AM
robicho

Good grief!... my question was a technical one where I was wondering if certain types of faucets were only for under-mount applications ... I never thought such a simple question was going to bring on such hostility!

I thank you all very much for NOT answering my question .... I will call a plumber.

This post was edited by robicho on Sun, Nov 10, 13 at 6:30

Bookmark   November 10, 2013 at 6:27AM
snoonyb

Original post: Tue, Nov 5, 13 at 5:23
Perhaps you can, via back-quote, point out the "technical" part of your OP?

Or perhaps this more technical answer for; " Can it be installed on drop-in type sinks?"

Yes.

The point of two of the responses you have already received is, this is a DIY installation, with a pair of pliers, before you set the sink.

And,"Neither the faucet nor the sink care, only you."

Bookmark   November 10, 2013 at 8:22AM
weedmeister

The ONLY thing I could see that MIGHT make a difference is that faucets will state how much depth they can be installed into, as it the thickness of the sink, counter and cabinet total. That would be something you would look to in the installation instructions.

"I was wondering if certain types of faucets were only for under-mount applications..."

No. Well, some might be longer that others but they're not going to say "for undermount applications only" or somesuch.

Bookmark   November 10, 2013 at 9:47PM
snoonyb

" weedmeister"

When these "new" solids, composites and under-mount sinks began appearing there were restriction due to the length of the threaded retaining shafts, which was quickly addressed with couplings and extensions, until the mfg. could re-tool their production to the norm you see now.

Bookmark   November 11, 2013 at 10:09AM
jackieblue

Most manufacturers provide pdf docs on their websites that will give you the measurements, installation info, and use and care instructions. Looks like Kohler does as well:

http://www.us.kohler.com/us/Forte-3-hole-remote-valve-kitchen-sink-faucet-with-9-spout-with-matching-finish-sidespray/productDetail/Kitchen-Sink-Faucets/422279.htm;jsessionid=8657EF9942EAD1A302EDCF4C35048518.kohler-prod2-ecom1

Bookmark   November 23, 2013 at 12:18PM
More Discussions
how to turn off dual water handle on kitchen valves
I need to turn off water to kitchen sink. We have...
akaelsie
Salt-free water conditioning
Hi all, Considering installing a water softener in...
tucker_troy
Terminox ISM for iron/manganese removal
Hi, I have had a water softener with other assorted...
merlin2552
Water Softener - calling justalurker
Hopefully you are still around. I had reached out a...
toddimt
Fleck 9100 SXT Programming/Settings
I am finally installing my new Fleck 9100 SXT!!! Thanks...
rss1978
Sponsored Products
Le Corbusier: Side Table Reproduction
Modern Classics Furniture
Richard Schultz | 1966 Collection® Twin Seat Lounge Chair with Arms
YLiving.com
Crosley LaFayette 60 in. Low Profile TV Stand - Classic Cherry Multicolor - KF10
$329.00 | Hayneedle
Arched Wall-mount Fireplace
Grandin Road
Pasadena 3-Piece Furniture Cover
$349.00 | FRONTGATE
Safavieh Indoor/Outdoor Area Rug: Safavieh Rugs Veranda Green/Chocolate 6.58
Home Depot
WAC Modern Forms | Ledge 14 Inch LED Ceiling Light
$459.00 | YLighting
Sand Chain Reaction 20" Wide 3-Light Pendant Chandelier
Lamps Plus
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™