GE Cafe Advantium owners - how loud is the OTR vent?

NYMKMarch 17, 2013

Hello Advantium owners!

Can you tell me how loud the OTR vent is? I listened to it in the showroom but the salesman said that because of the large space of the showroom, you could not get an accurate reading of how loud it truly was. Is it much louder that a regular vent hood? And does the noise really bother you? I know different noise levels bother different people, so I'm just curious to know everyone's opinions. Thanks.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
meangoose

I have a Profile Advantium. I imagine that the vent is the same as the Cafe Advantium...just a different "skin" on the door/controls.

It's loud. I don't know how to tell you "how" loud it is, just that it's loud. It's no louder than any other OTR I've had, but they've all been loud. Too loud to easily talk over. Sorry - wish I had better news.

Bookmark   March 17, 2013 at 7:14PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
AboutToGetDusty

Our GE Cafe makes a whirring fan sound above 400 degrees, and keeps going for a while even after you turn off the oven. It's not quiet, and we have a small space...but it's no more loud than the lowest setting on my powerful Zephyr hood to be honest. I notice it but it doesn't drive me batty ;-)

Bookmark   March 18, 2013 at 9:37AM
More Discussions
almost done & sharing banquette pics
Dh and I are on the "who knows when" plan...
lawjedi
My finished kitchen
This is my second kitchen remodeled with the kind assistance...
jerzeegirl
Granite Install Advice, Which Support System is Better?
Which of these two mechanical support systems would...
athomesewing
Undermount sink keeps separating from granite
We recently had granite installed in our kitchen and...
stnjan
Sexist or Fun?
Trouble from young feminists over this billboard.
Joseph Corlett, LLC
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™