Handrail anchors

papaflbearFebruary 14, 2013

I'm thinking of installing handrail anchors for a future handrail when age may require the use of such handrail. I would have to install the anchors in the sun shelf step in order to have the handrail reach far enough into the pool to be useful. Does anyone see any problem with the anchors being constantly in the water? Are there caps for the anchors to cover the anchor hole? And I would have to core drill the anchors into the gunite,.. any problems with doing that?

Thanks for your help.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
poolspotpro

Hi. Installing anchors is fine and there will be no problem with using a core drill into the finished surface + the pool shell. You can get them now in brass or aluminum and I recommend the brass ones for the inside of the pool. I'm not aware of any covers for them and that would kind of be a hazard if you cannot find covers.

My advise is to purchase and install the handrails at the same time you install the anchors. The handrail won't get in the way and it looks nice. Also, you may want to get the handrail that fastens to the pool deck only. This way you don't have to worry about drilling into the pool shell on limited space.

Bookmark   February 18, 2013 at 11:06PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
c9pilot

We got an extended "P" shaped handrail with two anchors on the pool deck (had to be grounded with the rest of the pool) and intended to only install the rail when my in-laws were visiting.
I had it installed offset to one side, instead of centered in the step, and it's perfect, and now we never take it out.
It's kind of nice to hang our towels on.

Bookmark   February 19, 2013 at 11:46AM
More Discussions
Almost there, infinity edge
Waiting on plaster and landscaping. Almost there......
poolmd
New Pool in Louisiana
Wanted to share a few pictures of our new pool. It...
trhought
salt or chlorine? pebble or plaster?
We have finally decided to build a pool, and have had...
lostinthewoodlands
Concerns about quartzscape plaster on new build
Yea, our newly constructed pool was plastered with...
spicegal
Baffled by my pool- peeling skim coat?
Hi all! My in ground concrete pool is leaking... I...
sabine77
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™