Brookhaven vs. schuler cabinets

laurie_kMarch 26, 2013

I'm working with a KD who only carries Brookhaven/Wood-Mode. He gave us a very good quote on BH painted cabinets for a 10X10 kitchen with an island. He claims to beat big box prices. His quote was much lower than another KD that also quoted BH. I've read good things about Schuler on this forum, so we went to Lowe's and got a quote on Schuler cabinets and the quote came out $1500-$2000 lower depending on what promotions are going on a given time at Lowe's. All things being equal we prefer to deal with the small KD rather than Lowe's. I'd like opinions on whether BH is worth the difference in price. This is for a second home near the beach. I don't have time to price out a bunch of different cabinet lines or look for a custom cabinet maker. Thanks.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
SparklingWater

I've looked at both and like both cabinet manufacturer. I'd pick a small KD with good ratings with the manufacturer (they get better discounts). Lowes KD do work on commissions I learned recently if that helps you (or at least the one I was working with did-been there a long time and great KD).

Bookmark   March 26, 2013 at 7:36PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jakuvall

I've sold BH and Medallion (same as Schuler). Unusual for apple to apples not to be awfully close, promos or not.
My own kitchen is BH and I'd say it is worth the difference. Have seen a few complaints here recently, don't know if it's changed. Been 3 years since I worked there, but still prefer the cabinet. Generally one of the better painted though others are catching up in the price bracket. BH is available frameless, and framed cabinets are doweled frames both plusses IMO. Schuler is pocket hole constructed frames.

Bookmark   March 26, 2013 at 9:45PM
More Discussions
Need floorplan advice/help
Hello everyone! Looking for floorplan advice on our...
K L
Resurrecting kitchen project Part II
My husband’s kitchen deadline is still May, but it...
margo456
Strategies for washing dishes in a large single sink vs double sink
Hi all, We have in our plans to get a large (33 inch)...
ontariomom
Banquette as only dining area?
I apologize for starting a banquette thread again but...
vdinli
Does this butler pantry addition add or detract from my kitchen?
My midcentury home has a very open plan and lots of...
rockybird
Sponsored Products
Jasper Floor Cabinet
Overstock.com
White Flower Brushed Nickel Triple Swag Chandelier
Euro Style Lighting
10" Traditional Designs Solid Brass Appliance Pull
Signature Hardware
Brass Corner Triple Bathroom Shelf
TheBathOutlet
Icon Canister
$369.00 | FRONTGATE