Paint and Muticoat removal methods.

renovxptFebruary 5, 2011

We are running into a lot more jobs where plaster and patios were painted prior to selling the house. The cost of sanblasting pushes the decision to chip-outs. What kind of methods are you guys using for this demolition other than the good old chippin hammer?

Thanks

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
racket

E-mail me.

Bookmark   February 6, 2011 at 7:48PM
poolguynj

I have a hydroblaster service that makes short work of it. It's basically a huge, adjustable power washer, 10 to 30K PSI. Takes multiple layers right off.

Scott

Bookmark   February 7, 2011 at 8:26AM
renovxpt

Theres no hydroblaster service within a 150 miles that I can find although my plaster guy says hes seen one on the highway that he thought was from Charleston SC. One guy recomended attaching a soda blaster kit to our pressure washer? Said it would take off the paint and wasn't as messy as sandblasting. I can get sandblasting for about $2 sqft when you figure in the sand and waste removal. I can chip it for about $3.5 per.

Any suggestions are welcome. Seems like there should be a better way. It looks like a Hydoblaster could cost upwards of 100k.

Bookmark   February 7, 2011 at 3:11PM
racket

Email me rack@comcast.net

Bookmark   February 7, 2011 at 7:19PM
renovxpt

Sent you one yesterday thru garden web and just now to comcast. Thanks and looking forward to your response.

Bookmark   February 7, 2011 at 8:01PM
just-a-pb

Reno,
Amazing how different prices are around the country.
We pay .80 per sq to chip out plaster. I guess that is because it is common place to chip every job out.

Bookmark   February 8, 2011 at 9:12AM
renovxpt

Thanks Racket, that was good info. Looks like I need to make a capital investment.

just-a-pb, those are in-house prices and its usually more than one layer of plaster. We can sub out a 3 inch undercut,acid wash, nuetralize and bondcoat labor only for .90. At .80 for a complete chip-out it would be a no-brainer.

Bookmark   February 8, 2011 at 6:56PM
More Discussions
salt or chlorine? pebble or plaster?
We have finally decided to build a pool, and have had...
lostinthewoodlands
changing pool filter
I AM TOLD BY MY POOL SERVICE THAT MY FILTER IS TOO...
rudnick
Need new pool filter help
I don' t mind spending the money for a good pool pump...
echooooo
Pool Filter question
Hi All, I'm new to this board. Thanks in advance for...
austinyankeefan
Pool Filter Question
Should my pool filter run 24/7 or less than that? I...
JeremyLin
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™