autofill shut off

sdcamp5February 3, 2008

For some reason my auto fill will not shut off. we have drained the pool due to expected rain and the pool keeps filling. We have a Pentair Intellitouch pool and spa system and I cannot find the control for this. Any ideas?

thank you in advance!!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jennifer_in_clyde

My autofill level is set by something resembling a toilet float under a seperate lid in my pool deck - if I want to turn it off completely (ie not just change the level) I have a valve (similiar to a faucet valve) I turn off where the pool ties into the water line (for me near my sprinkler valves). I think that if you want to turn yours off you'll need to turn off the valve at your water source - not through your controller (I too have the Pentair Intellitouch set up).

Bookmark   February 3, 2008 at 9:58PM
tresw

As Jennifer said the auto-fill operates mechanically via a float. You won't find anything for it in your Intellitouch programming, it's unrelated. You should have an access hatch somewhere around the perimeter of your pool that has a float inside it. Check the float and see if it's submerged. If some debris got in there it may just be hung up. Or it's possible the float developed a leak and is submerged (and therefore not shutting the water flow off). Do you know if your autofill is tied into your sprinkler system or to a hose bibb? If it's tied into a hose bibb next to your house, you can shut it off there and it'll quit filling your pool.

Bookmark   February 3, 2008 at 11:48PM
sdcamp5

thank you for your help! I am not aware of another valve to shut off the water but I did find the float. I will have to check with my pool guy about the filling issue. thank you again!
Dianne

Bookmark   February 4, 2008 at 3:26AM
More Discussions
Exceptional Pool Builders who build in Cleveland, OH area?
My wife and I are beginning the design stage of our...
jc_ufl
Would you recommend Fibre Tech?
Anyone with Fibre Tech experience like to comment?...
shuffles_gw
Pool resurface question
I am having my pool resurfaced and the supplies were...
lbrandt5
Please recommend a good pool builder in Southern California?
Hello, We have had a hard time finding a trust worthy...
dpautz
Atlantis pool and spa (Magnolia Tx) anyone have any feedback?
Searching for a pool builder and looks like Atlantis...
makingbeacon
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™