Scott

Bookmark   February 18, 2011 at 8:47PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
c9pilot

My PB says no, doesn't need it.

Bookmark   February 28, 2011 at 7:34AM
dshlaw

I've asked my PB twice, and he says no. And he is warrantying the shell against cracks for 5 years, so he has plenty of incentive to say yes if it would help.

Bookmark   February 28, 2011 at 11:44AM
R-E-O

I was told to water once a day for five days by the pool builder.

Bookmark   February 28, 2011 at 5:55PM
Jefflandisbanzaibobs

It is not a must in every situation. However, if you water any crete product it will help with the cure process (Hydration). If we are talking about the shell of a gunite pool remember plaster is to come. So you can have cracks that will be covered by plaster(hence the answer no water needed). The first 72 hours are most critical and should be kept damp. This will help prevent shrinkage and cracking. I water my crete no mater what kind I am useing. once a day for five days is a good general answer.

Bookmark   February 28, 2011 at 7:08PM
c9pilot

Perhaps we don't need to water because we have such high humidity here in Florida.

Bookmark   February 28, 2011 at 8:14PM
shiva_farzan_sbcglobal_net

We just had our pool done with shotcrete on wednesday. i would like to ask about the rule of watering and how much and how long please. i also would like to know how important it is if we miss saturday?

Bookmark   May 27, 2011 at 1:13AM
GoofyYno

I would also like to know the answer. I may be leaving to go out of town two days after it is shot.

Bookmark   June 1, 2011 at 11:29AM
lmhall2000

We had our pool shotcrete last year...I watered that thing everyday! It's really a curve situation...just throwing out numbers for example, not actual numbers....50% of the cement cures in the first 24 hours, 30% in the next 20% in the next and so on...it literally can take a week for it to cure 100%...so while the bulk of it is cured in the first 2 days, it helps and does not hurt it if you keep it moistened to avoid dry spots. Will it damage your pool if you do not? Maybe not, but if it helps, why risk it?

My pool builder explained the process and said if it was his pool he would keep it wet, but many pool builders (especially high volume ones) just won't take the time..sometimes your substrate may have enough moisture it is pulling in from the soil but still I err on caution most the time! :)

Bookmark   June 1, 2011 at 12:29PM
neilaz

Concrete will cure to what is known as full cure in about 29 days.(99%) But it will continue to cure for..... well ever

Bookmark   June 2, 2011 at 11:37AM
More Discussions
Is it safe to build a vinyl inground with pyrite in the soil?
I have been trying to find information about excavating...
jo229
Need new pool filter help
I don' t mind spending the money for a good pool pump...
echooooo
Regular Pool Cover or Automatic Cover?
Although our pool project is getting pricier every...
southernmum
Basement pool - How to prepare the room?
With some slight modifications to my garage (dropping...
Alex House
New Pool in Louisiana
Wanted to share a few pictures of our new pool. It...
trhought
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™