Hydronic Heat/Towel Rack....

Ruddydog52October 30, 2011

Hello, I haven�t been on this site for a few years. I do remember it was so helpful to me before. I hope to be able to talk to a plumber. I am back to get some more advice. I am going to do a complete remodel of my bathroom right down to the studs. I have a plumbing question. At least I think I am in the right forum because a plumber would be the one to install the heating device. I have been looking a hydronic heat towel bars to heat my 9� long by 9� wide by 9 high bathroom with on 30" X 50" window. I am trying to figurer the correct size unit (towel bar for the room).

Also these towel bars are quite expensive anywhere from $1600.00 to $2100.00 depending on size and that�s just for the unit not counting instillation costs if I do use a plumber. ( I�m am thinking I might be able to do this my self. If I take out forced hot water baseboard heat and replace it with the hydronic towel bar and I am also going to use radiant heat as a supplement under the floor tile.

I have seen the same towel bar/heater on a web site from the UK.

http://www.bathroomheaven.com/

and they are considerably less money. 2/3 less really. So I am asking has anyone ever used them here? I am wondering if the fittings are the same or can they easily be adapted?

Any advice with someone who has gone before me would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Ruddydog52

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
geller

We renovated our bathroom two years ago and did exactly what you are proposing. I was shocked at the prices of the Myson and found one on a UK web site for a lot less money. Essentially the same ones are on this web site: http://usa.hudsonreed.com/hydronic-towel-warmers.html. We hooked them into our old hot water heating system with no issues whatsoever. We also put radiant heat in the floor and we are thrilled with the performance.

Bookmark   November 2, 2011 at 10:19PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Ruddydog52

That's exactly what I'm looking for. Thanks again.

Ruddydog2

Bookmark   November 3, 2011 at 8:40AM
More Discussions
De-winterize, re-winterize...costs?
My 24 yr old son is buying a 1950 home on a short sale...
cindywhitall
Water Softener - calling justalurker
Hopefully you are still around. I had reached out a...
toddimt
toilet flapper closes too fast
a 5 y.o. AS 4396 w/Fluidmaster guts. The flapper is...
fritzgarden
Help with smelly well water
Just a little background. We bought a house 3 years...
cmonkey
Yes or No to Easy Water (no-salt) water softener?
I started this thread to reply to Sam because the prior...
peoplelover
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™