Vessel Faucet, how to tighten the flexible hose nuts

kellyllekOctober 21, 2009

Hi all. I have a vessel faucet and it comes with some flexible hose lines. I don't have a picture but if you look here you can get the idea.

http://www.bathroomvesselsinks.com/images/articles/how_to_install_a_vessel_sink/allitems.jpg

follow the hose line, #4, to the tine end. on mine it is a 10.5mm nut. you then have to tighten that indo a little hole in the bottom of the faucet. But how? the holes are set into the faucet about an inch, and I can hand twist them in most of the way. But I can't fit needle nose or any wrench in there to finish the job? It's almost a it it needs a very tiny faucet wrench, but I'm not even sure how that will work really becuase thereis such little clearance.

Sorry I don't have more info, I got the faucet over a year ago off eBay and have no idea on the manufacturer. I can provide pictures if you need more details.

Right now I have them twisted in as tight as I can go, but the design of the flexible hose means that it just spins around the nut now. Something has to actually tighten that nut into the hole to fully seal it. I reckon though this is a common design so there must be a way of doing it?

Any ideas? Tks

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
manhattan42

You need a 'faucet wrench':

About $6 US bucks in most locations...

Here is a link that might be useful: Faucet Wrench

Bookmark   October 22, 2009 at 9:03PM
kellyllek

I've found a better picture of the hose nut.
http://www.sanliv.com/flexible-tube-m10-x-f38-f05
This is tiny; no facet wrench I've seen would work. It would have to be eyeglass-screwdriver size. Plus it is set in the base of the faucet by 1", so no level access to it. Plus it is right up next to the other hose so even if I could get one in I couldn't get the other. I can't even get needle nose pliers close. I'll try to send a picture today of what I'm talking about.

Here is a link that might be useful: tiny hose nut

Bookmark   October 23, 2009 at 11:48AM
brickeyee

You use a faucet wrench on the hex portion of the hose end if the faucet is already installed.

If it is a new unit, you use a regular wrench and attach the faucet end before mounting the faucet.

It is probably around 7/16 inch.

Metric wrenches are normally only in even millimeters.

It should be sticking out since it is set well back from the sealing surfaces.

Bookmark   October 23, 2009 at 1:46PM
kellyllek

One again, there is no way to get a faucet wrench in here. I barely got these tiny angle needle nose pliers in, and I have no leverage to turn the tiny bolt. Please click the link to see the pictures.
I can't express enough how small this is. And the bolts are at the bottom where the needle nose tips are. The part of the hose above just spins. I've never heard of any tool that can get in here. There are two o-rings, one is below the surface while the other you can just see. But these have to be turned a couple more rotations to seal them, and I see no way of making them tighter. Unless there is a micro faucet wrench I don't see how. My standard faucet wrench is not even close to small enough.

Here is a link that might be useful: vessel faucet lines

Bookmark   November 9, 2009 at 12:18AM
TimA2

Hello Kellyllek,
How did you end up solving the problem of tightening the flexible hoses that were recessed into your faucet? I have the same exact problem and am trying to figure this one out. Thanks.
Tim

Bookmark   May 26, 2011 at 9:01PM
brickeyee

The double o-rings mean that the nut does not have to be all that tight.

The seal is form the o-rings, not threads.

Bookmark   May 27, 2011 at 10:25AM
weedmeister

It looks like you would need something like an 'ignition' wrench. These are small wrenches that you can get in packs from Sears and some other places. You would tighten these into the faucet base prior to installing the faucet into the sink top. And not that tight since you would strip the Orings.

Bookmark   May 28, 2011 at 4:12AM
More Discussions
fleck fusion high flow metered water softener
Our Culligan has died and we aint too heartbroken about...
vossner
Water Softener - Help with Proper System Selection
Hello, I decided to put in a water softener system...
badsha
Doable...European sink & US bathroom pop-up drain and faucet?
if I purchase a small Belfast sink fron England to...
rantontoo
Help with smelly well water
Just a little background. We bought a house 3 years...
cmonkey
what brand water softener
have 2400 sq ft rancher on town water. do not have...
questionoftheday
Sponsored Products
Thermostatic Tub & Shower Faucet
Signature Hardware
Polaris P011VW Porcelain Vessel Sink White
PLFixtures
Pumpkin Floral Rug 5' x 8'
$529.00 | Horchow
Stratasphere Wind Sculpture - Pedestal Base
FRONTGATE
Percy Leather Ottoman - Brighton Breeze Green
Joybird Furniture