Eternal Hybrid Water Heaters?

nap101October 10, 2012

Anyone have personal experience? My plumber is recommending it but the reviews I've been reading online don't sound so great.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
CigarLover

Nap,
I am not a fan of tank-less systems at all. The plumbing supply that I buy from sells that brand but not sure if anyone buys/installs them? For the price of one of those you can buy 2-3 top-of-line tank water heaters & have 10-20 years of great hot water in your home if your water conditions are good. You on natural gas, propane?

Bookmark   October 11, 2012 at 7:32PM
nap101

Unfortunately I need to go tankless. I have a very small house and currently the hot water heater is in a closet in the kitchen. The tank is very small. There is no other place to put a tank other than the garage which would be way too far from the bathroom. So it's going on the outside of the house (also no room for a tank on either side of the house). I do live in a warmer climate. And it's natural gas.

One plumber who was against tankless agreed that this situation would be best served with tankless. Oh, and I have a slight gas leak and a bad gas line so that has to be replace regardless of what I do.

Bookmark   October 12, 2012 at 10:27AM
aliceinwonderland_id

I have a Rinnai and absolutely LOVE it. Don't expect $ savings, but the ability to have never-ending hot water is priceless when guests stay a few days and everyone wants a shower. Just make sure you pay attention to the max flow they can heat - some of the cheaper ones have ridiculously low flow rates.

Bookmark   October 14, 2012 at 3:16PM
More Discussions
Yes or No to Easy Water (no-salt) water softener?
I started this thread to reply to Sam because the prior...
peoplelover
New under mount sink - drain off-center?
I had a new granite countertop installed with an under...
mike_lee2
Does reverse osmosis water corrode copper plumbing? The answer ..
The answer is YES. I did a very unscientific study...
ohmmm_gw
Warm water mornings on cold line for 30 secs....
We have been living in a home built in 2011 (in Canada)...
nikolaos2012
Sewer line disaster
originally posted on another website, but in the spirit...
bossyvossy
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™