shower diverter question - sort of

homeboundOctober 4, 2011

Client bought house with shower head and separate handheld shower on it's own arm, but there's no diverter or cut-off for the handheld. Can I just install some sort of screw-on (plastic) ball valve for the handheld to restrict/shut the flow so there's more water coming from the main shower head? Thanks.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

Answering my own question, a $5 shut-off valve does the trick.

    Bookmark   October 6, 2011 at 11:39AM
Sign Up to comment
More Discussions
Help with smelly well water
Just a little background. We bought a house 3 years...
Electric Water Heater Problem
I have an electric water heater; about a month ago...
softener is not using up salt
I have hard well water (35 gpg, 0.5ppm iron, pH 7.0,...
Water Softener - Help with Proper System Selection
Hello, I decided to put in a water softener system...
Costco Water Ridge Dual Flush -- Need reviews
Any more reviews on the dual flush Water Ridge toilet?...
Sponsored Products
Oil Rubbed Bronze Whitehaus 614.453TF Blairhaus Tub Filler with Shower Head
$399.00 | Blue Bath
Mason Jar Scrubby Holder
$6.99 | zulily
Thermostatic Shower System, Ceiling Arm, Slide Rail Kit & Body Jets
Hudson Reed
Chrome Roller Shower Curtain Hooks
Henri Studio Summer Showers Garden Fountain
Lamps Plus
Vestige Ice Mist Marble & Glass Tiles
$17.28 | TileBar
Premium Monogrammed Stemwrap Coasters - Set of 50
$39.50 | FRONTGATE
Luxury Chrome Plate Brass Shower Handset Wall Bracket Bathroom Fixture
Hudson Reed
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™