Black Marble vs Black Pearl Pebble Tec

hopefulnoviceFebruary 24, 2011

Hi -

We are struggling to decide between Black Marble and Black Pearl Pebble Tec for our pool remodel. We're looking for a sort of New England pond look. Flagstone coping & terrace, very rural/natural country location.

Anyone have any advice? Have not been able to find a single pool to visit in our area with either of these finishes, and it is so hard to tell what it all looks like from pictures on the web.

Thanks for any thoughts!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
just-a-pb

I will say you will get a much more mottled surface from a black marble then the pebble. Though some like that "old" look. Pebble tec is much rougher then the marble, but should last a lot longer. Try the Pebble sheen as well which is much smoother.

Bookmark   February 26, 2011 at 7:35PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
shweri

Which one did you end up going with (and what was the reason that tipped the decision?). I'm learning toward Turtle Bay, but also looking at Emerald Bay, maybe Ocean Blue/Midnight Blue -- but I just saw a gorgeous Black Pearl photo. I love the lagoony look. But don't want to be too close to a pond look. Which of those is lighter (more blue/green water than black)? Are you happy you went dark? Would love to see photos!

Bookmark   June 10, 2011 at 11:57AM
More Discussions
Need new pool filter help
I don' t mind spending the money for a good pool pump...
echooooo
Pool builder search sugar land, tx
Hi guys! Were closing on our brand new home in sugar...
mtrade01
Baffled by my pool- peeling skim coat?
Hi all! My in ground concrete pool is leaking... I...
sabine77
Regular Pool Cover or Automatic Cover?
Although our pool project is getting pricier every...
southernmum
Is it safe to build a vinyl inground with pyrite in the soil?
I have been trying to find information about excavating...
jo229
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™