On ground pools

ace66February 7, 2013

New here. Looking for opinions with Onground pools. I don't see much info here on these types of pools. My local pool store is strongly pushing to go with this type of pool. He said I can have it fully inground but with significant cost savings. Also, the pool is fully insulated sides and bottom thus almost eliminating the need for a heater. He also said you can have a deep end but obviously cheaper to just keep it at 52 inches deep throughout which I'm ok with.

The quote I received is about $7G's cheaper than an inground. Anyone have any thoughts or personal experience with On ground pools ?

I live in Eastern Ontario. Thanks in advance.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
muddy_water

We have several around here..I really think you should do some homework on this one. They are no where near the quality of a inground vinyl liner pool as far as the walls and constuction. Does the quote include decking? I would not let them put one of these completely underground look up the manufacturers site and read the fine print..

Rusty

Bookmark   February 8, 2013 at 7:38AM
ace66

Thanks for the feedback Rusty. I agree about doing my homework on this one, which is what I've been trying to do the past couple weeks but its hard to find much info on these pools. I'm assuming because their somewhat new. The price I was given did not include decking. We wanted to do stone around the pool thus the desire to have it fully "inground". With the lack of responses here I think its safe to say not many are familiar with these pools which doesn't make me feel any better about moving forward.

Bookmark   February 8, 2013 at 10:30AM
muddy_water

What brand are you looking at? Kayak is one. Most of the time these pools are seen in very hilly yards. If your inground quote included concrete than there may be your 5-7k differance.. see link below

Rusty

Here is a link that might be useful: Kayak onground pools

Bookmark   February 8, 2013 at 8:39PM
More Discussions
should pool building take this long??
I signed a contract July 19th with Mr. Carlos pools....
animallover5
Cleaning pool filter
Does your pool filter look like this after it's been...
bossyvossy
Plaster mottling???
It's been 13 days since we had the pool replastered....
lisadlu
What pump are you using?
We have a 30,000 gal gunite in ground pool with a small...
lindamarie
hot tub evaporation rate in cold
Ok, newbie here to pool and hot tub ownership. We have...
ladybugfruit
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™