What to put over old pea gravel?

linday12February 23, 2013

Hi All,
We recently moved into a house that was built in the 80s and has pea gravel around the pool. It is worn and unattractive and I'd like to resurface it with something. Is there anything that we could do ourselves or is this totally something we have to hire out? My husband is pretty handy and enjoys projects. Thanks!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

Is it loose pea gravel? Or pea gravel surfaced concrete?

    Bookmark   February 24, 2013 at 6:59PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

It's the concrete kind. It just look faded and worn.

    Bookmark   March 1, 2013 at 11:18AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

Exposed aggregate? Concrete pavers would work. You put them on a bed of sand. Loose rocks should be removed first.


    Bookmark   March 1, 2013 at 6:58PM
Sign Up to comment
More Discussions
Concerns about quartzscape plaster on new build
Yea, our newly constructed pool was plastered with...
Pool heater shutting off after 90 degrees F.
Hello! I have a pentair minimax 200M for my pool spa/combo....
should pool building take this long??
I signed a contract July 19th with Mr. Carlos pools....
pool filter leak; newbies buying the house
We have a contract on a house with a pool. The pool...
hot tub evaporation rate in cold
Ok, newbie here to pool and hot tub ownership. We have...
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™