I have an 18-month-old Ragdoll kitty, Coco, that is due for his vaccinations--rabies and FVRCP. I've kind of held up on it because I don't want to stress him at all. He just lost his companion to FIP 3 weeks ago (and so I REALLY don't want to stress his immune system. He was a cousin to the FIP kitty). However, we're getting a new kitten in 2 weeks. This will be another Ragdoll from the same place (because of a 2-yr health guarantee that replaces a kitten). The kitten will have had the usual kitten vaccines.
Is there any danger to Coco if I do NOT get his vaccines before the new kitten arrives? I don't think so, as the kitten is in a controlled environment, etc. I'd really like to not give him vaccinations if I don't have to (or at least not every year) because we had a VAS scare a few years ago in our last cat.
And for the new kitten--the breeder is going to let me wait and get the kitty spayed on my own a couple of months after we bring her home in order to keep her from having too many major stressors on her at once (I always felt that our little Ellie--the FIP kitty--experienced too much at once....in the same week she was vaccinated, spayed, and re-homed and from then it was downhill for her).
The breeder also said she could hold up on the usual kitten vaccines if I want and let me do them, spaced out further. So, another question---would THAT be okay? To bring the "unprotected" kitten home to us (with Coco--who came from the same place as she's coming from--and no other kitties/dogs; inside only).
Thanks for your advice......