Waste line for upstairs bath

dhustonOctober 3, 2011

Plumber has been working on stackout and we have run into some problems. We have a second story bath with double sink and the plumber ran the drain line down through the wall behind them, but it runs directly into the ac chase for the 1st floor. When questioned he said that was the only way to run it and the HVAC should work around it. Problem is that is the only ac chase, no way to work around it. If the drain can be run around a corner and then down into the floor joist system it would work. Also have an issue with waste for stackable washer and dryer. The chase will be in the way unless it is ran in the wall around two corners before going down into floor joist system. Please tell this can be done!

The stackable will be in the closet at the bottom

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
bus_driver

For gravity drains that meet code, the usual practice is that the plumber uses the space that is necessary. The HVAC works within what is left and then the poor old electrician gets the remainder, if any. HVAC needs a new plan for your job.

Bookmark   October 3, 2011 at 5:07PM
dhuston

I know the way it is done so far meets code and was the easiest for the plumber. Can it be done differently and still meet code. The ac chase is the only way to get a trunk line to the kitchen, dining room, and living room.

Bookmark   October 3, 2011 at 11:32PM
dan_martyn

Another option would be to sleeve the duct and run the pipe directly through. Every added pipe elbow is just another place for a clog to accumulate.

Bookmark   October 5, 2011 at 1:09PM
More Discussions
shower neck leaking
Just installed a shower head (in new construction),...
sid_79
toilet flapper closes too fast
a 5 y.o. AS 4396 w/Fluidmaster guts. The flapper is...
fritzgarden
How long do PVC DWV pipes last?
I inherited our house that was built in 1972 and was...
Neptune Power Washing
the dreaded frozen pipes...
Hello all, I hope someone out there can help me. I...
kineala
Toilet swirls, but won't flush!!
Very frustrated. The toilet seems to be ok, it gets...
edweather
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™