Basement kitchen - starting from scratch!

Debbi BrankaMarch 19, 2013

Ok, I'm posting a drawing of the kitchen space in our basement (we are just framing the walls and putting up drywall). We have 8' ceilings, but with all the duct work and stuff up there, a lot of the ceiling will be dropped to just over 7'. Ceilings will be drywall. There is a basement window on the one wall - high up at (and into) the ceiling. We have a large functional kitchen upstairs, so this won't be used a lot. I'm not really sure how much yet. We have a stove and fridge already (gold stove and white fridge!!) that we will be using because that's my basement stove and it works awesome. We'd like some kind of pennisula/bar at counter or bar height with stools. I'm planning the sink where the back drain is closest to the corner. I may even do a corner sink identical to what I have upstairs (because I'm a corner sink lover). Other than the sink placement, the window where it is, and the low ceilings, everything is an open slate. What can I do here?

PS - If you can't see the photo well, the walls are 14'2" x 13'6". The space opposite the window wall is open to the living area.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Debbi Branka

Still need some help - those walls are being insulated and framed today. Thanks!

Bookmark   March 20, 2013 at 9:42AM
More Discussions
Crack in Quartz countertop
I purchased my Quartz countertop 7 months ago and I...
avsheth2002
Where to keep my oil near cooktop
So I am in the layout phase and trying to figure out...
Dietitian
Lumber Liquidators Exposé on 60 Minutes
Did anyone see the 60 Minutes Exposé on Lumber Liquidators...
The Kitchen Place
Would soapstone work for me?
I currently have Cambria quartz and like it, but don't...
Butternut
Left/Right/Center & Related Hand & Faucet Questions
I've searched & read countless threads here over...
Carrie B
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™